Favourite Snakeman?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly why I like Mark O'Shea, extremely knowledgeable, doesn't need to be an over the top showman to be interesting and actually keeps snakes. He's no oil painting though. :)

Harry Butler for sure! Diving into a billabong in his torn Y-fronts after a critter was a scene never to be forgotten :lol:

Why don't people like Austin Stevens?

Because he's an actor, not a snakeman. Everything he does is staged.
I know the fellows he borrowed snakes off when he did he's Aussie episodes.
I had a good laugh when he "caught" a St George King Brown in far Nth QLD.

I'll have to say Simon Stone, and Rob Bredli, two great guys, Simon for his unprecedented knowledge, and Rob, because hes a real down to Earth guy, who happens to be insane...lol

and yes the insanity part was a compliment

because he carries on like an idiot with staged snakes and gets bitten doing stupid things, he's is own biggest fan.

that's why so many people liked steve irwin cos that's not what he was like;)

Show me a snake documentary involving most of the snake handlers mentioned that wasn’t staged to some degree?
Seriously though, I would love to see a documentary on Australian venomous species that was real. I also realize that to achieve this, it would be ridiculously expensive and therefore somewhat unlikely to happen.

theres so many but Id have to say harry buttler and malcom douglas as i was growing up and neville burns, brad walker, steve mcwan just to name a few for what ive learnt from them over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back