Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ether

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today was my first day of work experience at Taronga Zoo, but more specfically in the herp section. It was a great first day. I got to look at all the herps, feed the iguanas etc. They have HEAPS of herps out the back in holding cages.

Cant wait till wednesday though because that is feeding day for all the snakes! Have no idea what i am doin tomoz but it should be great!

hehe ill see you tmw ether ;) we're feeding the adders tmw :)

did you go down to the bug house today ?

cheers, jono

how cool...
I am currently doing some volly work at a local animal park... they have let me in to look at all the herps but it will be a while till I am allowed in to do some work there. Like you mentioned, they have heaps more out the back which is cool. For some reason, only a select few people get to work in the reptile section. Sometimes I will see one of the staff members out sunning the animals or something so I go and harass them... :) The place where I am only really has natives but that is more than fine with me!!!

Good luck with it all and may I suggest one thing... if it is at all possible, try and stay there on a voluntary basis... cause when a position comes up, they may ask you. Also vol. work looks really good on paper. If you wanna go to uni and do something like that... if you are working in the field it is tax deductable to!!!

Um do i dont think i went to the bug house.

i Have been doing volunteer work at reptile section at TWP for well over 12 months now, I have seen so many amazing things and learnt so much!! Somewhere like Taronga which would be much larger would be totally awesome ether!! even if you arent with the herps. I just started volunteering at crocodylus park as well, not really any work with the herps just yet, but am working with monkeys and other mammals which is pretty cool
Enjoy the rest of your work experience!

Second day:
Fed a chameleon
Cleaned shingleback cages and carpet python cage
Fed a broadhead a garden skink and two pinkies
Spent the afternoon in the bug house

The Bug House, mmm ... there's a smell that's hard to forget!

Hix

Its about 50m down the road from the serpentaria.

id like to volenteer at the local wildlife park, but im to young(have to be 16)

really Tommo?? I started when I was 15...when you are old enough to volunteer, go for it! I'll put in a good word for ya ;)

My hubby, Dave wants to do some volunteering (no that isn't right, Im sure, spelling wise I mean?) down at SA Venom, Tanunda, and can't get a leg in hey? Lotsa Venomous Snakes dere tho.????

hey bariji, can u ask about the age thing, we emailed someone, but they told us that u have to be over 16... :x

put a good word in for me :)

yea sure... no worries mate..i will let you know when i find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back