Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed that too Peter. Shame your post got deleted..most people saw it anyway.

It was asking if the elapid cocktail picture on the previous page were voids. The question arose because of the site the pic is hosted on.

does hoser have void mulgas? I don't think he does.

I asked to have the post removed as I wasn't meaning to have a go at Scott. I realised after it was to late to edit it.

That definitely rates high moosey.

im totally indifferant

i can understand where some people are comeing from saying that irrisponsible keepers can be a risk the hobby however what i think is more likely is:

nothing will happen if 100 keepers get bitten over a 1,2 ,3 ect year period . however if one person gets bitten who is not a keeper while sombody is free handling thats when the poo will hit the fan.

so i guess in suming up if you get tagged by your own elapid well boo hoo to you just dont free handle while others are around or its boo hoo for everybody.

I would guarantee the poo would hit the fan if a person got a serious bite from another persons dangerous snake, but all it really takes is some media hype to get it going, after that all logic is gone and it becomes a politcal issue. Firearm laws are a prime example, the cops sell some nutcase an assault rifle and he shoots some randoms for no reason and then heaps of guns get banned and destroyed at massive cost to the country. If keepers think the government would hesitate to ban keeping private keeping of dangerous reptiles for political gain and virtually no finacial loss they are simply deluded. If they tell heaps of ppl armed with assault rifles they cant have them i cant see a much smaller number of snake keepers holding any weight at all in a political scenario.

From my understanding the most likely cause of a bite when freehandling is a random feeding responce and i cant see how that possiblity can be elimitanted, espeicallly in uncontrolled environments. To those with experience, what are your thoughts on the risk of feeding bites? and are they the main danger when freehandling?

I would guarantee the poo would hit the fan if a person got a serious bite from another persons dangerous snake, but all it really takes is some media hype to get it going, after that all logic is gone and it becomes a politcal issue. Firearm laws are a prime example, the cops sell some nutcase an assault rifle and he shoots some randoms for no reason and then heaps of guns get banned and destroyed at massive cost to the country. If keepers think the government would hesitate to ban keeping private keeping of dangerous reptiles for political gain and virtually no finacial loss they are simply deluded. If they tell heaps of ppl armed with assault rifles they cant have them i cant see a much smaller number of snake keepers holding any weight at all in a political scenario.

From my understanding the most likely cause of a bite when freehandling is a random feeding responce and i cant see how that possiblity can be elimitanted, espeicallly in uncontrolled environments. To those with experience, what are your thoughts on the risk of feeding bites? and are they the main danger when freehandling?

Firearm laws are a prime example of firearm related issues, they have absolutely nothing in common with the keeping of dangerous NATIVE snakes.

i think all you ven keepers are freaks.... totally NUTS :) (maybe cause im just jealous)

TO CLEAR UP A FEW THINGS.

I have free handled alot of elapids, anyone seeing me in the pit with Fred Rossignoil would be able to vouch for that. I reckon that Schlanger and Ads would be able to remember that

I used that pic off that site as I don't have to many recent ones like that especially online. However there are one of me doing that same with Inland Taipans, Coastal Taipans, Tigers, East and West Browns all at the same time.

I have never handled voids during a demo and will not in the future, I don't keep them and don't want them.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

Last edited by a moderator:
TO CLEAR UP ANY BULL ******,

I have free handled alot of elapids, anyone seeing me in the pit with Fred Rossignoil would be able to vouch for that. I reckon that Schlanger and Ads would be able to remember that

I used that pic off that site as I don't have to many recent ones like that especially online. However there are one of me doing that same with Inland Taipans, Coastal Taipans, Tigers, East and West Browns all at the same time.

I have never handled voids during a demo and will not in the future, I don't keep them and don't want them.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

What possible reason could you have to handle multiple animals at the same time, let alone diff species Scott?

Giddy up

Last edited:
There was no reason except to show that could be done without being bitten and that people were free handling numbers of different elapids at once before venomoids (the reason for posting the pic now).

Also I would be kidding myself that I did not find it to be an adreneline rush at the time. The pic shown was taken at my parents place in Melbourne about 10 years ago.

I felt I was a bit more snake proof so to speak in those days.

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back