Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbs, a preserved dead specimen
bekaspictures047.jpg

black and gold jungle python

DSC01505.jpg

this might stir the pot but this pic was taken a couple of years ago of my ex girlfriend (she is now my wife) with one of their tigers. I can tell you It wasn't her old mans shotgun I was looking out for on visits.

Attachments

• tiger.jpg
    tiger.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 191
yeah cause it only has to bite you once :lol:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but that is not correct, I think the danger that comes from being bitten is grossly overstated. Sure the odd person has a bad reaction but generally with medical help available a night in hospital is about all that will come of it.
I think we try to make it some sort of "badge of honour" to hype up the perceived danger.

1 more, a mates snake we took out back for some snaps. Cant remember what it is... Said it was harmless though.

Attachments

• Picture 186.jpg
    Picture 186.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 226
nice keelback Dan .....:) ...well as you can see ,elapids can be free handled,not something that everyone should do ,but hey there are people out there that jump on crocs and let bloody 8 legged monsters crawl over their face .Each to their own ...

nah JP the legless lizards are gone now.

Oh that's right right Ryan!
I forgot, sorry people, or is blue tongue an elapid? Im not sure, cant really remember....

I had three RBBs draped on me once, they were 'de-venomed' or something (I didn't know how cruel that was at the time).

They all wove themselves through my hair, flicked their tongues at my nose etc...

They were so, so placid and lovely, and they felt amazing! Much heavier, and 'harder' than pythons... Their scales also felt different.

But I wouldn't repeat that with three normal RBBs!

this might stir the pot but this pic was taken a couple of years ago of my ex girlfriend (she is now my wife) with one of their tigers. I can tell you It wasn't her old mans shotgun I was looking out for on visits.

Nice tiger

I had three RBBs draped on me once, they were 'de-venomed' or something (I didn't know how cruel that was at the time).

They all wove themselves through my hair, flicked their tongues at my nose etc...

They were so, so placid and lovely, and they felt amazing! Much heavier, and 'harder' than pythons... Their scales also felt different.

Your experience with venomoids begs the question, why wouldn't you repeat that with "normal" RBBs. The procedure removes the venom glands depriving them of venom but it does not remove the ability to bite. The fact they were so placid and made no attempd to bite has nothing to do with them being venomoids.
That does not change the fact however that it is a barbaric practice.

fair go guys as she said she didnt know at the time, but fair dinkum dailyskin why wouldnt you do it now? is age catching you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back