Free pair of MurryDarling's, to new Herper.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BROWNS said:
i'm guessing you'd have come up with something else negative even if the kid ws 9,13 or otherwise.

No, thats not true Browns.

Yes i was typing the other reply and didn't see yours and thankyou for clearing that up...i was under the impression that this was not the case ,sorry mate.I don't want to argue either and again will still give benefit of the doubt and as you say everyone can read and make up their own minds,it still doesn't even bloody matter as the animals went to the very first person in a few posts and this crap is still going on..over and outahere!

Lets say he did sell the shingleback for $150 (which im siding with sherms story anyways). In 6 months the lizard would have required food, heating, and substrate changes (if non reuseable material was used). Regardless of where the lizard came from, money was still spent on it and he has all the right to reimburse himself by selling it off (once again i do side with sherms story).
Personally I think saying your 12 when your 9 is wrong. If people dont want a youngin keeping their snake than they have that right to choose based on their own opinion.

I don't see why you think it's so blatantly obvious she lied Sherm, I don't think so at all. I may be naive or whatever you want to call me but I choose to see the good in people before they show me the bad. I think you were clutching at straws a little there to assume she's a lying evil deceitful woman! :lol:

I'm not on anyone's side here, it's not any of my business.

I was thinking though, if sherm did get his shingleback for free, kept it for 6 months, then sold it legally, what's the problem? It's his business whether he makes a profit or not, it was well in his rights to do so. And how is that any different from certain collectors wild collecting, keeping for 3 months, then selling the animal for $1000+? There seems to be enough people defending those people.

Regardless of where the lizard came from, money was still spent on it and he has all the right to reimburse himself by selling it off

I think the only time you should be charging people for what you spent on an animal is when they've bought it from you but asked you to keep it for a short time for whatever reason (waiting for a licence, enclosure, etc). I haven't kept shinglebacks but you'd think that $150 is a lot to spend on food for one lizard over 6 months! I could be wrong and I'm not saying that's what Sherm did cos I never saw and really don't care lol :p

I think the only time you should be charging people for what you spent on an animal is when they've bought it from you but asked you to keep it for a short time for whatever reason (waiting for a licence, enclosure, etc). I haven't kept shinglebacks but you'd think that $150 is a lot to spend on food for one lizard over 6 months! I could be wrong and I'm not saying that's what Sherm did cos I never saw and really don't care lol

Tru tru, though was just a half-assed 'what if' .lol. I believe him on the freeness of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back