From little things SNAKE food GROWS ..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who you married has no bearing on what people post on the internet.

Should this not be left as a thread about Redbellybite's chickens and how to harvest your own snake food? Thanks for the above info Redbellybite. Do you know what age the little roosters mature into little noisy sperm banks?

at around 8 weeks they start to show a bit of rooster behaviour(trying to crow it is really cute to hear )...some are actually role playing now (bit of chest banging with each other ) ...but a bit to early to be 100% sure ...number 12 hatched today ..4 eggs to go ..

Thats a shame RBB as they are more water content and not as healthy for your snakes as rats Ohh and chickens have a low calcium content. thats OK though because you assume a lot and your snakes will be healthier if you were feeding medium rats or small bunnies as the bones are denser and have a higher calcium content and less water but you say you care for your animals and I have fed small chook to one of my snakes but only when first getting in to this.
Does not feel good to get roasted even by one person does it.
Shouldn't matter how old someone is or how new they are to herping. This rubbish should not go on, but good to see you may be learning.
If you want to go through the other post, you accused her of disturbing a wild snake so a lot of assumptions, then within the pm's you assume that she is posting for someone else.

Quick question If you breed snakes what is the outcome, do you sell the hatchies to make a little money or do you give your hatchies away?
I sell mine to get a little cash back, and to say they are getting into it for the cash is ridiculous as she is breeding a carpet. I see the dollars rolling in...............read some of your earlier posts on this thread and take your own advice RBB.

I don't think you should be able to eat meat unless you could kill the animal yourself and most intensively farmed animals are treated terribly. Just because you're not doing the killing it doesnt mean you dont have the blood on your hands. You're the demand factor which calls for the cute little fluffy things to be culled.

Do you have any cute rats RBB? I want some

I don't think you should be able to eat meat unless you could kill the animal yourself and most intensively farmed animals are treated terribly. Just because you're not doing the killing it doesnt mean you dont have the blood on your hands. You're the demand factor which calls for the cute little fluffy things to be culled.

Do you have any cute rats RBB? I want some
I have a mate that is set up to do rats ,and I gave him my breeders to go with his, works better that way for me as I didnt have the room to set up big rat tubs ,I give him guinea pigs (cause he has pet ones that his daughter would get upset over if he culled them ) and chooks and I have another mate that has quail and guinea fowl (although I have not given mine them as yet,the GF ) ...

'OH AND JUST TO ANSWER THAT PERSON WHO SEEMS VERY CONCERNED (OZA)
MINE GET A VARIETY OF FEEDS ..RATS ,GUINEA PIGS,CHICKENS AND QUAIL ..hope you can sleep well at night now, knowing that ;)'

this is the simple setup in the backyard and the chicks are inside ....

DSCF3326.jpg

DSCF3327.jpg

DSCF3328.jpg

DSCF3330.jpg

the piggies :D

DSCF3332.jpg

DSCF3333.jpg

DSCF3334.jpg

DSCF3321.jpg

water feeder for chicks keep it off ground level ,otherwise they fill it with bedding ..

DSCF3322.jpg

DSCF3324.jpg

That chook pen is great, I like to see lots of straw, chooks love it- plus all that straw and poo nutrient going straight onto the drip-line of the tree. You're going to have a big, happy tree! I want your backyard. It reeks of outdoor pit construction ;)

...not as healthy for your snakes as rats Ohh and chickens have a low calcium content. thats OK though because you assume a lot and your snakes will be healthier if you were feeding medium rats or small bunnies as the bones are denser and have a higher calcium content and less water

Wow, that's a mouthful, even when edited. There is no problem with feeding most pythons a diet high in chicken. You do want to augment the diet with other prey items, but chicken is a great regular meal. I don't understand your negative inference concerning water content? The relative percentage of calcium, or more informatively the calcium to phosphorus ratio, is useless without referencing your information. Birds form a significant component of the diet of many pythons species in nature, and juvenile snakes are often fond of small birds, so there is no evidence for adaptive feeding on taxa with specific levels of calcium, nor even macronutrients, in pythons. Feed chicken, be happy.

I do have a bit of information on macronutirent selection in lizards, but that's a different story.

Ohhhh those photo's make me want chickens to love and take care of for the rest of there gorgeous little life's. God i love chickens/chooks, they are soooooooo gorgeous.

well RBB i need some bigger snakes to feed my chicks too lol i have 18 last week but managed to get of some loll

I'm 12 and I get flamed on aps non-stop, so the girl couldn't have been too affected ;)
This is what goes on here and the people who are here for a genuine reason are going to leave thias site unless this sought of thing stops. I am having fun though treating others as they treat people for a change instead of being nice all the time and it gets my post count up and wow I must have heaps of knoweledge to have a high post count with mindless dribble.
Rainbow you might not get offended but you should no one has the right to flame you for trying to learn once again I will say if you can not answer a question that started the thread move on don't harrass any one now matter of their age.
Just cause you are not offended does not mean that the other girl was not offended and I know for a fact that she was.

Nice little setup RBB. An old girlfriend of mine had chooks set up at home, under an orange tree. They are still to this day the biggest & best oranges I've ever eaten. Fresh eggs with bacon washed down with fresh orange juice.....dammit now I'm hungry.
Do have any problems with foxes or cats getting into the pen?

Nice little setup RBB. An old girlfriend of mine had chooks set up at home, under an orange tree. They are still to this day the biggest & best oranges I've ever eaten. Fresh eggs with bacon washed down with fresh orange juice.....dammit now I'm hungry.
Do have any problems with foxes or cats getting into the pen?
I had one time a fox, get my old rooster and a hen ....but after that one off and my dog getting onto the fox ,have never had a problem ...my dog is on the ball now ;)

I can lock them up in the small black cage at night ,which I did for a few weeks after that night ...but now havent botherd in a few months and no dramas ...

Rbb, where did you get your brooder cage? I am looking for something similar for quail - I know I would need to rewire the top

Rbb, where did you get your brooder cage? I am looking for something similar for quail - I know I would need to rewire the top
the chick cage was from a petshop ..I didnt get it brand new ,it come with the guinea pigs when I was given them ,but I know my mate got the cage from our local petshop it cost her $90.00

the chick cage was from a petshop ..I didnt get it brand new ,it come with the guinea pigs when I was given them ,but I know my mate got the cage from our local petshop it cost her $90.00

Cheers, I might just get the man of the house to know something up, but its good to know whats out there.

Do you understand english. You will be feeling guilty because you took the life of a poor baby animal. I can rest and sleep in peace because i didnt. Enough said at least i can sleep easy.
and the ''baby'' rats/mice wern't alive to start with? im nearly %100 sure RBB culls them humanely, hell, our petshop here just chucks the pinkies in an ice cream container and straight in the freezer!! no gas, no nothing. and with gas its just like going to sleep, theres no pain, just because you buy them from a pet shop that culls them there doesn't mean they haven't ever been alive AND it doesn't mean they do it humanely!! get off your high horse, doing it at home, CAN be humane with CO2 or a QUICK knock on the head, its not always feeding live and just laughing at the squealing rodent or any other animal.
Btw RBB, they are cute x], and its creepy when you hear the chicks cheeping inside the egg.

Well, just for the knockers, and those who were too proud to think before posting.

My beloved Einstein, a Leghorn, passed away unexpectedly this afternoon. I'm very sad. She looked slightly off colour at about 5pm, and I watched her as she lay down under her roost and died peacefully.

I pray you are in a big forest full of grains and friendly chickens, big ol' Einstein Chicken, you were the smartest, coolest chicken around.
-S.

Well, just for the knockers, and those who were too proud to think before posting.

My beloved Einstein, a Leghorn, passed away unexpectedly this afternoon. I'm very sad. She looked slightly off colour at about 5pm, and I watched her as she lay down under her roost and died peacefully.

I pray you are in a big forest full of grains and friendly chickens, big ol' Einstein Chicken, you were the smartest, coolest chicken around.
-S.

Haha, I have Henry Chook (and Henry Cat!) and she's my best mate. She's the only chook I've ever bought as an adult, but I needed one who knew what she was doing to teach the four I hand raised inside how to be proper chooks. She roams my yard freerange, kicking my freshly laid mulch all over the driveway, and heaven forbid anybody leaves the front door open as she will be upstairs and in the kitchen before you know it...with a fresh track of chicken poo behind her.

P.S. I fed 250 day old chicks to my snakes yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back