From little things SNAKE food GROWS ..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops didn't see your apology (I left this window for a few minutes).

You're forgiven, by the way, sorry for my rude comment :)

awww I am not gonna feed them now ,while their so cutezy wutezy ... I am at least waiting till they get to that awkward looking stage ;) ......

I am sorry if I upset some, but this is a fact not all of us buy our snake food frozen and from a shop ....

My 3 hens still are sitting on 12 eggs ...so am hoping to get some more....;)
It's a damn shame you roasted a 12yr old girl about her uncle feeding her snake a chook. Sounds like double standards to me..........
RBB Quote "You need to get over yourself and your high unrealistic morals ... "
Pretty quick to go all defensive when it's you copping a roasting hey?

Ozi, she didn't know the girl was 12, and, if you read the thread properly, you will see that she apologized to the girl when she was made aware of it.

I'm 12 and I get flamed on aps non-stop, so the girl couldn't have been too affected ;)

12??? I could have sworn that you were 54? ;) lol

Get the thread back on track...no more outbursts, cute little chickens RBB. Be sure to post pics when they meet their fate...as long as their not still live. :)

Oh yum, would snakes eat duck? Duck is yumyumym. And duck eggs. yum! I really have to move to the country.

Haha those chicks will be ugly looking in no time at all :p
Ducks have a high fat content so the snake would be eating the fat as well

Do you cull them by cervical dislocation or by CO2? I am planning on breeding quail as I cannot breed mice due to my job.

Well well well......here is something to get your narrow minds thinking.

Recently, my wife (rett82) posted a link to a disgusting youtube video of some american rednecks killing a snake, and it was removed, and she was told that "We know this go's on and we dont need to see it. Also, kids read these forums"

So........
*Its OK for kids to read and learn about chickens being killed. But they cant read and learn about snakes being killed?
*Its OK to glorify the killing of chickens, yet we must not whisper a mention of killing a snake?
*What would you do if i posted photos of baby carpet pythons that i had bred for the sole purpose of being turned into human food in an exquisite restaurant?...well seriously, whats the difference between a baby chicken and a baby snake being bred for food?
*My wife was bought up with chickens, and one day, while telling me of a hard time she went through in secondary school, her exact words to me were "Wednesday was my best friend in the world, i would cuddle her every day". Wednesday was her pet chook.

You see.....believe it or not, people have attachments to other animals, just like you do to snakes. Rett82 loves her chickens equally as much as she loves her snake and her lizards. Unlike so many people here, She is extremely open minded.

*Infact Rett82 is so open minded and understanding, that she is married to me, a deer hunter, a rabbit hunter, a fox hunter, a fisherman, and constantly see's me killing animals, both for fun and for food.
So, anybody here that thinks my wife is a tree hugger needs to get there narrow minded **** out of the sand and smell the roses a bit, you never know, it might just open your minds a little bit.

Talk about open minded, i think if you were open minded enough, you would realise that the whole arguement here from her is that Rett82, like myself finds ***** to be very hypocritical by allowing threads to be posted that glorify the killing of baby animals, while they completely delete the killing of snakes.
Animals are animals, it doesnt matter whether theyre a cute koala, an ant or an elephant.....they all deserve to be able to breath the same air as we so.

Oh and also.....Rett82 certainly doesnt suffer from woolworths syndrome. She has helped me carry sambar deer back legs out of the bush enough times to realise that meat doesnt grow on trees!!!

And as for being a bat and hanging upside down.......well sometimes i wish that was true, cause then i wouldnt have to fight her for the blankets!!!!!

i agree but i dont on the rat forums that we are member ofits very much the same thing just the other way aroundthis is a reptile forum not a chicken or rodent forum
thats all it is there isent any more lol

Well well well......here is something to get your narrow minds thinking.

Recently, my wife (rett82) posted a link to a disgusting youtube video of some american rednecks killing a snake, and it was removed, and she was told that "We know this go's on and we dont need to see it. Also, kids read these forums"

So........
*Its OK for kids to read and learn about chickens being killed. But they cant read and learn about snakes being killed?
*Its OK to glorify the killing of chickens, yet we must not whisper a mention of killing a snake?
*What would you do if i posted photos of baby carpet pythons that i had bred for the sole purpose of being turned into human food in an exquisite restaurant?...well seriously, whats the difference between a baby chicken and a baby snake being bred for food?
*My wife was bought up with chickens, and one day, while telling me of a hard time she went through in secondary school, her exact words to me were "Wednesday was my best friend in the world, i would cuddle her every day". Wednesday was her pet chook.

You see.....believe it or not, people have attachments to other animals, just like you do to snakes. Rett82 loves her chickens equally as much as she loves her snake and her lizards. Unlike so many people here, She is extremely open minded.

*Infact Rett82 is so open minded and understanding, that she is married to me, a deer hunter, a rabbit hunter, a fox hunter, a fisherman, and constantly see's me killing animals, both for fun and for food.
So, anybody here that thinks my wife is a tree hugger needs to get there narrow minded **** out of the sand and smell the roses a bit, you never know, it might just open your minds a little bit.

Talk about open minded, i think if you were open minded enough, you would realise that the whole arguement here from her is that Rett82, like myself finds ***** to be very hypocritical by allowing threads to be posted that glorify the killing of baby animals, while they completely delete the killing of snakes.
Animals are animals, it doesnt matter whether theyre a cute koala, an ant or an elephant.....they all deserve to be able to breath the same air as we so.

i agree but i dont on the rat forums that we are member ofits very much the same thing just the other way aroundthis is a reptile forum not a chicken or rodent forum
thats all it is there isent any more lol
Thats why we have a different animals not reptile related section.
Quote"Ozi, she didn't know the girl was 12, and, if you read the thread properly, you will see that she apologized to the girl when she was made aware of it. "
If you read the whole thread she was accusing someone of dealing with a wild animal and not answering the question asked.
Totally off topic and if you are not going to answer a question asked don't abuse anyone.
She should not have to be made aware of how old someone is to appologise and then post her chickens/quails to show her snake food after roasting anyone about feeding chickens to their pet.
If I am new and asking questions it only stands to reason that no matter how old I am I do not deserve to be roasted or accused of breaking the law like so many on this site constantly do.
By that I mean the roasting and accusing.

Thats why we have a different animals not reptile related section.
Quote"Ozi, she didn't know the girl was 12, and, if you read the thread properly, you will see that she apologized to the girl when she was made aware of it. "
If you read the whole thread she was accusing someone of dealing with a wild animal and not answering the question asked.
Totally off topic and if you are not going to answer a question asked don't abuse anyone.
She should not have to be made aware of how old someone is to appologise and then post her chickens/quails to show her snake food after roasting anyone about feeding chickens to their pet.
If I am new and asking questions it only stands to reason that no matter how old I am I do not deserve to be roasted or accused of breaking the law like so many on this site constantly do.
By that I mean the roasting and accusing.
ERRRRRM I believed I asked if she was feeding live chickens .....not chickens in general
and if you had read it properly you would have seen that ....
as the amount of feathers in the enclosure was why I asked ...having fed chickens to my snakes before ..I never get anywhere near the feathers that was pictured ....I did tell you that last time you quoted that, but obviously you either can not understand what I posted or you failed to comprehend my meaning ,hope this time you can actually understand what I meant ...

Getting back to this thread ...I was making light of my chickens being snake food .its true I do breed my own ...I dont have a problem with feeding chickens to snakes but I CULL MINE FIRST ...
Rett can have her views about her love of chickens I dont have a problem with that at all ..I think this thread showing little fluffy chickens isnt the same as showing a snake getting its head cut off ..If I was actually posting pics of me being cruel and allowing my snakes to squeeze the daylights out of them or cut their heads off and show how the body is still moving etc ,Then you could compare these two threads ...

I understand you supporting your wife ,but saying we were cruel etc because we kill our own and she is better because she buys frozen food ..well thats just bloody ridiculous ...
she did appologise, so no drama whats so ever ...and to answer your query RETT ...YES I do look afer all my animals and give them a good life ,even if its going to end up as snake food ..the healthier the animal is prior to culling, the better for my snakes ...

and I now have 12 hatched ...with still a few eggs to go ;)

man i would like to breed and cull my own food supply, make my life for much eaiser! i just dont want to do it incase something go's wrong with the food supply and i end up killing my baby snakey :( not going to take the risk....

man i would like to breed and cull my own food supply, make my life for much eaiser! i just dont want to do it incase something go's wrong with the food supply and i end up killing my baby snakey :( not going to take the risk....
Aussie if your able to breed chickens (all depends where you live as roosters arent usually allowed in built up areas ) but if your able to ,bantam chickens are the go ,they get clucky very easy ,will sit on large amounts of eggs ,and make very good mummy chickens ...
all I do with mine is (after 22days of sitting )check them every two days (it does mean sticking my hand under them and getting a fair few pecks to my hand) check the eggs and if hatched take out the baby chicken and place it in a tub inside and look after them ...bit of wood shavings on the bottom of the tub ..a good water feeder off the floor level ,so as the chicks dont fill it up with shavings ,get some chick starter mash ,and if you live in a cooler climate ..put a light in one corner as a heat lamp ...I dont need the heat here so dont bother ...
my rooster and hens get vegie scraps ,grass (they love grass) and layer mash or pellets ...and fresh water daily (chickens love water and drink a fair bit )
They are really easy to take care of...;)

ummmmm redbellybite you quoted ozianimals comment. My husband is reptilerob. You should really read who's posting before your reply.

ummmmm redbellybite you quoted ozianimals comment. My husband is reptilerob. You should really read who's posting before your reply.

Who you married has no bearing on what people post on the internet.

Should this not be left as a thread about Redbellybite's chickens and how to harvest your own snake food? Thanks for the above info Redbellybite. Do you know what age the little roosters mature into little noisy sperm banks?

I believe it was a quote from ozianimals(page 5) to start with and to save on posting another I also added what your husband said and what you had ...maybe you misread it now mmmmmm;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back