Frustrating childrens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca-Marie

Reaction score
His fourth feed refused. His temps are ok and.hes obviously digesting as he is pooping heaps. He zooms around looking for food but ignores it when it is offered. Hes in a quite room and isnt handled. I tried rubbing the pinky along his neck as some have suggested but he seems scared of it. I leave it with him over night but nothing. Hes getting so skinny. Was wondering if anyone in the Ipswich area would help me force feed him as I dont want to attempt it by myself as he is so little and I dont want to hurt him

Is the pinky warm enough?
Try braining it and if that doesn't work try a bit of egg yolk.
I've found it best to feed in the dark so they can sense the heat as well.

I have two frustrating children and I also have trouble getting them to sit down to eat. Have you tried threatening bed without dinner?

Sorry, bad joke :( Just the name of the thread got me.

I'm not sure what the answer to your problem is but force feeding almost certainly isn't it. How old is it?

The room is dark when i feed him and its defrosted and left to warm up in hot water. I tested and its warm i.have tried braining and no luck :(

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Hes maybe a couple of months i dont really know. He had 8 feeds before i got him and no refusals so it must be something im not doing right but im not sure whst. Hes in the same enclosure as before. I just want him to eat

I've found sometimes the little guys show more interest in a fuzzy than a pinky but that was with Morelia. Force feeding stresses the hell out of snakes and should only really be done if it's close to starving to death.

Its not something i want to do but hes lost a lot of weight especially around his tail end. Would he be able to take a fuzzy? Hes very small. But i might go get some tomorrow. When should i try next?

I'm not sure, I've never owned a juvenile Antaresia. I've only got the one and that was given to me as an adult. But it is surprising what they can shove down their necks :) As for when to try next, I'd leave it at least a few days.

Honestly this has been the most stressful purchase i have ever made. I have never had this pronlem and i have had a few hatchies but they where water, coastal and jungle and they were no problem. This little guy is really stressing me out i just wish i knew what i was doing wrong. Maybe bigger enclosure with more hides?

Herpmado- i dont have any lizards or know any one that does

I am lucky, my little spotted is a great feeder, he is now 5 months old, when I got him from the breeder he offered to help feed if he didn't continue feeding, he also mentioned scenting the pinkie with skinks tail, not that I had to, give the breeder a call and ask for their advice, if they had it feeding that would be a good place to ask

I got him at my lps but im calling them tomorrow idk what help they will be though

Ill attempt to catch one and we have the creamy brown ones everywhere

What are the temps when you say they are good? juvenile Antaresia like it a little warmer

Is it a Pinky Rat or Mouse.
I may have missed it. I've known some who refuse to take rats vice versa.

35 and 28. Pinky mice and thats what he was getting befote

If it is any help - Whilst I do not know the size of your Childrens in particular, my Spotty (still an Antaresia) was eating pinkie rat/fuzzie mouse sized food at approx 6 weeks of age - and according to her records was her 6th feed.

Might give you some idea as to how yours may handle a fuzzie....I reckon it might be worth a try. I got a Morelia recently that did the same as yours.....knew it was food, followed it around (almost hugged it like a teddy bear!) but just would not bl**dy strike it!! He did eventually come around and eats quite well now.

Maybe my thermostats faulty? Will replace it and try fuzzies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back