Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to bed very soon, but feel free to list some points lizard lady lol. I really don't know much about them at all.

Ohhh, it would be MUCH more fun listing them when you're here!

Let's go with Underwoodisaurus milii - Smooth Thick-Tailed Geckos... Require no heating (unless your in the Antarctica!); only need a couple of centimetres of sand; can be housed in a 90litre tub (trios can be housed in this size); couple of hides; mist one end of the sand and walls every second night; feed every second night; good breeders; walking Aboriginal paintings; trippy to watch...

Next instalment: Nephrurus levis levis - Smooth Knob-Tailed Geckos... Undertank (and maybe overhead) heating one end; 5cm of sand in the cool end; 10cm of sand in the warm end (for burrowing); hides at each end; trio in a 3foot fish-tank (in case you were wondering what to do with that piddly little fish tank!); dampen the sand at the warm end every second night; feed every second night; mist back wall every second night; good breeders (generally); GREAT entertainment...

You still awake?! :lol:

Even with all my other critters, I have no idea what I ever did before I had geckos! :) The are by far the most addictive critters on the planet!

Hope this helps!

Best,
Carolyn

Geckos do not like to be handled.

well you know...every now and again you get a very special one like my little Ozzy :) I've had multiple geckos and met multiple and held multiple...none of them liked it they all bit me or just didn't seem comfortable...i'm telling you Ozzy is special :)

Good thread, im also looking at getting some geckos. Whats a very active species?

P2053573.jpgP3093778.jpgI do not recommend handling any geckos. At best they will tolerate it. However they are absolutely awesome to watch feed and run around at night. N.amyae, N.milli, N.levis are all very endearing geckos but some of the antics of the more active species like Gehyra genus are cool to.

Some pics of my hatchie levis and their parents. P2253682.jpg
pencil.png

A very active species is Gehyra australis or Gehyra variegata.

well you know...every now and again you get a very special one like my little Ozzy :) I've had multiple geckos and met multiple and held multiple...none of them liked it they all bit me or just didn't seem comfortable...i'm telling you Ozzy is special :)
Just because Ozzy does not seemed phased by you holding it does not mean he is enjoying it, I doubt I will ever meet a gecko which enjoys being held like Beardies seem to.
My S.ciliaris will happily sit on me, just as much as they will happily sit on a branch, My levis will sit on my hand but the minute they can hop off without falling they do so. None of my geckos are ever ever aggresive. In fact I have never ever seen an aggressive gecko wild or captive if you treat them right they are just not aggressive animals. That said I have never to meet a wild Nephrurus and I had an Phyllurus make me bleed once but it was still not an aggressive gecko.

Interesting darker colours GP how old are they?

Pic one and three only a couple days, the middle pic is over a year and a half old.

None of my geckos are ever ever aggresive. In fact I have never ever seen an aggressive gecko wild or captive if you treat them right they are just not aggressive animals. That said I have never to meet a wild Nephrurus and I had an Phyllurus make me bleed once but it was still not an aggressive gecko.

I think they are more defensive than aggressive creatures.

I have a rescue G. variegata, and he is an absolute crack-up to watch! Feeds REALLY well, and has only just started to stay in his hide during the day (only because his heat-mat's under it!). Absolutely cool critters!

GeckoPhotographer, those little milii of yours are absolutely adorable! I can't wait for my hatchlings! :)

Best,
Carolyn

I agree there always seems to be one! :lol:

GeckoPhotographer, those little milii of yours are absolutely adorable! I can't wait for my hatchlings! :)
Those are little levis but thanks they are adorable I hope your hatchies turn out well.
I have G.australis, I imagine similar to G.variegata I agree they are awesome geckos to watch.

Damn, ya got me! Was just about to edit that! Hehehe, blonde moment... Monday? :lol: Thanks for the pick up!

Naw, what a cute pic of the hatchling! It's like he's in one of those snuggle-blanket things! And smiling! ('cept most geckos "smile"!) And your milii (sure of it this time GP!) are really cute! It's like the bottom one is reaching out for the other's hand, but the other one at the top doesn't want to hold hands! :lol:

I must get some updated pics of my lot... Should've done it last night when it was feeding time at the zoo! :)

Nice pics of some nice critters Rams, thanks for sharing them!

Best,
Carolyn

Gorgeous Gex Ramsayi, the Buba Amyae looks like he's pulling on a snuggie. Are the last two Vittatus?

those last 2 look alot like my stone gecko :)

photostream

photostream

Here's another nice, and VERY active gecko for you to check out. They are kind of rare in captivity, and I've heard a few people describe them as rambunctious. But they are certainly fun to watch at feeding time, and so much quicker than my levis. They are also from what I know (please correct me if I'm wrong) the largest Australian gecko, at 2.5-3 months old they are already longer than my fully grown Levis.

DSCF1854.jpg

DSCF1839-Copy.jpg

DSCF1844-Copy.jpg

Lets see if those photo's work

there we go, that worked, They are Giant Cave Gecko's. These little guys are only 3 months old now,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back