Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_dan89

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all im currently in the middle of working on getting my first snake which will be a soptted. Has anyone got any hints or tips to help me out also i thought i would just start a thread with spotteds so please people post pics of spotteds and any intresting info you have. Cheers

got my new blonde spotted two days ago dude think they are very cool good first snake even though i have a coastal as well and have had snakes in the past ..............good choice hope you enjoy your new mate,here's my boy TrevorSDC10390.jpg
pencil.png

A spotted was my first snake, until 3 weeks ago was also my only snake. I would of loved a Carpet Python to start with but after I got her I never regretted it. Looking back she was the perfect snake for me as a beginner. 10 years later she's still going strong. Main hints I can give is if its a little snappy just keep handleing and it should calm down over time. I got Striker at 9 months of age and she struck at any movement. Took a number of months to calm her down, but once she calmed down she never bit again until the day of the bush fires last year. For some reason that set her off and I couldn't handle her without her latching on until a couple weeks ago. I'd recommend some height in your enclosure to move as strikers always wanted to climb and she hasn't had the room as what I keep her in was originally build for lizards. I'm about to get a new enclosure made for her and my Jungle Carpet. The only other thing I can say is good luck with it, they make great pets.
Here a few pics of striker, I don't have may great ones at the moment but here she is.

Attachments

• DSCF0617.jpg
    DSCF0617.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF0622.jpg
    DSCF0622.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF0555.jpg
    DSCF0555.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF0579.jpg
    DSCF0579.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 108
I reckon they are pretty decent pics Arakssor:)
Seems spotteds are quite aware of surroundings outside their enclosure (climate etc).
How long is she after 10yrs? I have heard people say they get to five feet or so.
Mine like to climb, kept finding them on the light cages, so put some branches in enclosure and they sit up on them like Jacky.

How long is she after 10yrs? I have heard people say they get to five feet or so.
She's about 140cm. A lot bigger then expected. I thought they only grew between 100cm and 120cm.

cheers all for the replys yer i cant wait till i get him. Waiting on licence to be sent back.
Awesome pics guys. arakssor thats a nice spotted =)

Spotteds are so calm when handled...I have 2 spotteds....1 x adult female and 1 x yearly male.
check out my pics on my profile.
cheers and good luck.

hi bigtime89,

I have a spotted bubba, and he's incredibly feisty, but isn't eating at the moment... highly annoying... but he's a lovely snake really... just need to give him more time to adjust. here are some pics of my spotted, Gavin:

DSCF0309.jpgDSCF0325.JPGDSCF0329.JPGDSCF0330.JPGDSCF0327.JPG

I reckon bigger sized snakes are so much better. I had spotted as my first and now I have a bredli and a woma. bigger is better =)

yer it might be but for now i am going for size as i dont have room for huge enclosures =)

Can anyone give me ideas on what size click clacks should be used for a hatchie spotted?

I bought a 3 set 3 size from coles the smallest is not tall but still big on ground level the same as others, so they just get taller not wider. Will get measurments soon.

cheers all =)

Can anyone give me ideas on what size click clacks should be used for a hatchie spotted?

I bought a 3 set 3 size from coles the smallest is not tall but still big on ground level the same as others, so they just get taller not wider. Will get measurments soon.

cheers all =)

For the age group you are looking at minimum of 5L up to 10L, The squat container is a far better choice
than a tall one(more floor area).
The Sistema tubs are perfect.

cheers for the reply beeman yer its got huge floor not so much tall i think its a 22L

I sent off my license app 3.5 weeks ago too, am getting a bit impatient!!! Also waiting for my first spotted :)

Likewise... mine I'm not sure on the date, but it's well over 2 weeks, think it's over 3

HURRY UP DAMMIT

I have a snake lined up any everything. My large, expensive and fancy enclosure is empty!

lol. Yer mine is going in tommo. people say a max of 4 weeks but normal around the 3 mark.

Yer i cant wait to get my spotted he is also lined up. prob want be my first snakes are awesome.

In QLD you get the license straight away sent to you by email. lol I wouldn't know what to do if i have to wait as long as you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back