Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As in a pet for the science lab? Or to do a lesson on it..Not sure but isnt that illegal?

Warilla high school in wollongong has a reptile programe fully licenced they have blueys,water dragons, beardies, jackys and a few other types of lizards..... i bought a couple of blueys there a while back

its legal...i hope. im pretty sure that he has the right permits. we are keeping it as a pet. we also have a tank full of red claw yabbies, tadpoles and in the last tank we have 2 young barramundi.

Nope...It's illegal. Taking reptiles from the wild is one big No No!

:p Once again belinda you are wrong,he said he is from the N.T where you are able to rescue & keep animals. :p

actually it is illegal to rescue animals up here..... You need permits to collect any protected wildlife and there is only one licenced snake relocator...in the Darwin region - Ben Wright...... SO i am assuming ure teacher has a collection permit instead tommo?!

HA HA! I was right in one way or another.... Lol

:p What are you going on about brodie,isnt snakes nt in the N.T,the rescue & put them onlicence so how is it illegal if you have a permit. :p

hahaha sorry dude thats what i was trying to say hahaha sorry....

he has a collection permit and it is not illegel to rescue all reptiles up here. i called the wildlife park afew years ago and asked about it because my dogs had attacked a young blue tounge. they said that it is legal to collect some of our more common lizards. the blue tounge survived and is still my pet. he still has the scar on his back.

Just curious Belinda, is mum or Dad a police person?? :D

anyway it doesnt matter if its illegal because im not the one who will get in trouble:D

haha thats the way!!! wish we had snakes here at kormilda.... although i did catch a v.indicus on the bottom oval last year :D... and have seen heeps of v.gouldii

to tell ya the truth i couldnt giv a flyin f*$k if rescuing a reptile is illegal. Seriously, if sum NPWS officer asked me about rescuing a snake or lizard, i am sure that they would rather the reptile survive...or i would tell em to get stuffed.

Thats the spirit ackie! Tell the fascists to go take a flying F$%K at a rolling donut! :lol:

Go ackie! I would do the same thing....And I have done it before. If there is a reptile, or any animal for that matter is in trouble, Im not going to wait for an hour for WIRES to come and rescue it, venomous or not.

and think about it, when was it the last time they raided your house for rescued animals. chances are you can get away with it

Shhhh.....I think you are giving people ideas...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back