Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gex01

Reaction score
hi everyone i was free handling a few elapids in a controlled enviroment by that i mean with a few well respected handlers when i was bitten 3 times by a tiger snake.The symptoms have been insane with slight paralysys around bite site pain loss of taste headaches trouble focusing nausia weakness etc. After the bite i recieved 8 viles of antivenom and 3 days in intensive care. JUst wondering if anyone else has been through this them selves and how long these symptoms usually last.
cheers.:)

tiger snake bite will be nothing compared to the tidal wave of hatecoming regarding freehandling lol

by the way i shouldnt have said free handling because what i meant by that was learning how to bag them for rescues.

Wow bad luck mate. I was bitten by a red belly (it was a rescue) last Thursday and spent 24 hours in hospital (just for observation) and all I got was a sore finger for a few days. Oh, and my temperature got up to 37.8 for a few hours whilst I was asleep. No anti venom needed.

Did you agree to take part in the Menzies Institute Research Project?

having handlers around that have "respect" means you should of been protected by there force field they project and it failed 3 times too LOL

Out of Australia's Top Ten Dangerous Animals the tiger snake is listed Number 8. However isn't that strange when 3 species of Tigers hold numbers 5, 7 & 8 in the top 10 most venomous snakes. The Inland Taipan is Number one yet it is not in the Top Ten of Australia's Dangerous Animals.

Here is a couple of links
Top 10 Dangerous animals http://www.australianfauna.com/t10dangerous.php
Top 10 Most Venomous Snakes http://arachnophiliac.info/burrow/tenmostvenomous.htm

I don't understand fully, the difference between dangerous, deadly and most venomous. Perhaps, Inland has most potent venom but a tiger is more likely to strike and bite than a taipan? Dunno, will go do some more reading.

yeah there are pics by the way vixen if it wasnt at a course i wouldnt be replying to you right now if you get my drift.;););););)

In all respect to the the keepers involved james i would like to see this thread deleted or locked, i understand it should not of happened in a controlled environment but at the end of the day even captive elapids can bite.

Last edited:
if it was at a course then thats not on!

The Vic course that deals with ven relocation

assesses your capability before allowing you

to participate in the handling side of things

snake pimp as you would possibly know if your into snakes they can be extremely unpredictable from second to second and just because i was bitten 3 times doesnt mean it struck because it didnt once strike it bit three times as they do when they hang on as they are well known for doing. LOL

Its alright hodges im not having a go at the keepers i take responsibility for my own actions its not their fault. This thread has just blown out by people i was seeing if anyone else has been bitten to disscuss the symptoms thats all.:D

oh dont wory mate i not giving u a lecture i was just expecting the haters to come from everywhere and try to crucify you lol

i also have been whacked before from elapid

yea and what co**** was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back