Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a follow up, we have been investigating further and prior to 1974 there was no good scientific data to describe the inland taipan....often mistaken for a brown. Prior to this Parademansia microlepidota. had been recorded only from dead specimens, and had gone missing for almost 100 years (from scientific eyes anyhow). A few rare cases of envenomation had occured prior to acurate knowledge of the snake, however the signs and symptoms matched that of the few recorded cases of inland taipan bite, some of these resulted in death....no accurate record of inland taipan bites are available prior to 1967, this single case was originally described as a western brown bite, however in 1972 the dead specimen was re-examined and it was noted that it was Parademansia microlepidota. The person did not die from the bite.

One of the effects of a tiger bite is peripheral nerve damage. This can result in the loss of various senses, usually temporary but can last quite a while. This can be simple but scarey things like loss of taste or smell, tunnel vision and other vision problems. Spatial awareness can also become impaired. Along with that is the possibility of serum sickness.

One of the effects of a tiger bite is peripheral nerve damage. This can result in the loss of various senses, usually temporary but can last quite a while. This can be simple but scarey things like loss of taste or smell, tunnel vision and other vision problems. Spatial awareness can also become impaired. Along with that is the possibility of serum sickness.

The vision impairment I experienced can best be described as perfect vision from each eye seperately but the combining of the two images wasn't happening leading to the spacial awareness problem you mention. This was very short term problem though.

The thing is ive been into reptiles now for twenty years what is the point of sueing ,everybody wants to sue these days hows about we kill the snake to because it bit me. I THINK NOT accidents happen and that is exactly what it was and i beleive being there and the way it happened that it was nobodys fault not the handlers not mine i did the course at my own risk and unfortunatly this occured. AS for naming which course i will not as im am not going to ruin someone good reputation for an accident come on everyone we have to realize accidents cant always be avoided nobodys perfect.:D

Sorry to bring this old thread up again. What happened to you saying it was your own responsibility not the handler ? ive been contacted a few times now about this whole drama which i find really sad to think the handler took his time an effort to conduct a small course in an effort to educated us and this has happened. Plus all the information you have given/said on here i'm sure will not work in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back