Hawkesbury Herp Society Annual Show 2011

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great show! I had the best job of the day getting to spend most of the day manning the Venomous Snake enclosures. I nearly had to be dragged out at the end of the day. Loved it so much!

Another thing I love about the Reptile expos is being able to meet all the people who you get to talk to online on the forum in the flesh rather than just online. also being able to talk to heaps and heaps of herpetologists that are way more experienced than I am.
The best people are reptile people!

Last edited:
who was the seller of the striped jungle next to Brad Wlker today has anyone got his contact details as I lost his details some how dont no how if so can you pm it to me or post it up if its ok cheers

Wish i could have gone, got up early and was all ready to go, but my wife (whos 6 months pregnant) wasn't well this morning, so i stayed at home, there will always be other expos, saved me from wanting a heap of animals that i can't afford or have i suppose.

overheard something interesting at one table( tbh i dont know if the breeder was taking the piss outta someone he knew), he was saying he had 100%het for albino jungles. The guy on the buyers side of the table replied albino carpet and was told no albino jungle. Has anyone seen or heard of an albino jungle in captivity.

was quite a variety of animals on sale. People were complaining about kids at other expo's, i must say adults at this 1 were very rude towards my children that asked politely " excuse me can i get through to see the snakes" some of which just grunted or told them to wait till they were done in a rude manner. I left about 30 mins after getting there as i was close to knocking someone out after this.

Anyone know if there were any adult female diamonds for sale there?

I had a great day! It was a fantastic expo, many thanks to the wonderful organisers and volunteers, along with the sellers ;) It was awesome to get the chance to meet some people in real life that I had only met on here!

I also picked up a pair of really cute pilbs from Spongebob! :D

I would be really interested to know how many people were there over the whole day, it was very crowded in the middle of the day around the sellers tables, but I think the format was much better than aisles.

Anyone know if there were any adult female diamonds for sale there?

Yes there were $250 IIRC

overheard something interesting at one table( tbh i dont know if the breeder was taking the piss outta someone he knew), he was saying he had 100%het for albino jungles. The guy on the buyers side of the table replied albino carpet and was told no albino jungle. Has anyone seen or heard of an albino jungle in captivity

their been around awhile. same guy was selling them at IRS. there use tobe a pic on this site of an albino darwin mating with a jungle

overheard something interesting at one table( tbh i dont know if the breeder was taking the piss outta someone he knew), he was saying he had 100%het for albino jungles. The guy on the buyers side of the table replied albino carpet and was told no albino jungle. Has anyone seen or heard of an albino jungle in captivity.

Yes, apparently they are now throwing albinos over everything they can get their hands on. You had better watch out as you may be next :p

their been around awhile. same guy was selling them at IRS. there use tobe a pic on this site of an albino darwin mating with a jungle

Yes, apparently they are now throwing albinos over everything they can get their hands on. You had better watch out as you may be next :p

This guy seemed adamant that they were pure albino jungles and not crossed. I thought the same that they were jungles x albino darwins

To my knowledge and I could be wrong, I have not heard of an albino jungle.

Was a good day I arrived at around 10.15 and left at around 12 was getting really packed at that stage and the line up outside was pretty big, I thought it was pretty good some nice reptiles on display and for sale.

Did not get anything just copy of the new scales and tails mag all tho I did like shane scarf's granite mac or mite have been a stimson but I think it was a mac anybody have any pics of it ?

im sure they would of been crossed from albino darwins and they havent been around long enough to breed the darwin out. this would take many generation of breeding

thats exactly my line of thought. Guess some people will say anything to make a sale

Without being drawn into a debate, once a crossed no amount of breeding will take the darwin out.

The 2012 hawkesbury expo is this weekend (March 4), don't miss it!

The 2012 hawkesbury expo is this weekend (March 4), don't miss it!
You realize you bumped last years thread which has the wrong info on it. Eg location, wrong date. Not much help lol

You realize you bumped last years thread which has the wrong info on it. Eg location, wrong date. Not much help lol

I bumped this thread because people have been contacting committee members saying "oh it's not until may now?" and "why has the date for the expo changed?"

"lol".

For the record (again)-
The Hawkesbury Herps Expo will be this Sunday, March 4 at Penrith Panthers marquee, Panthers Complex, Mulgoa rd Penrith.
3aa3afc1-c630-8c43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back