heating for geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anna123

Not so new Member
Reaction score
what type of heating do you recommend for a gecko's tank, are heat lamps of heat pads better? or just a normal 60 watt bulb or whatever?

what type of heating do you recommend for a gecko's tank, are heat lamps of heat pads better? or just a normal 60 watt bulb or whatever?
heat cords are the way to go in most situations

I use a pad for my gecko's tank when its needed. but my tank sits on top of a snake tank and the heat just rises and puts the heat to the right level.
Heat cord will also be good

okay how much to heat cords cost? approximately?

i saw one with 20% off at the SOFAR expo for $56 the shop was called hunter pets i think!!

I keep my Oeduras pretty hot to avoid calcium problem with gravid females and improve hatch rates, especially when kept in glass tanks, as they spend most of their time on the cold glass, my ambient temp is 28 - 32, their hides get much hotter as they are under tiles leaning against the glass wall with a heat mat on the other side. I have had castels and robusts up to 47 ambient during the New Years a few years back and all were fine, their hot spots wouldn't be far off that normally. During cooler months day heating only, breeding months 24/7. IMO, plastic tubs are much better for heating reasons.

Attachments

• gecko display tanks.jpg
    gecko display tanks.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 128
quick q jason
how are you heating the ones in the photo?
thanks, sam

quick q jason
how are you heating the ones in the photo?
thanks, sam

The room they are kept in sit at 25 - 30 deg, you will notice they also have heatmats between the enclosures (outside), you can just see the tiles (hides) sitting against the inside walls where all the geckos sit all day, it gets very very hot between the tile and the glass, and the Oeduras won't budge unless the ambient goes over 35. Hatchlings are raised in smaller tubs sitting on heat cord and kept at about 30 deg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back