Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon, my extension flooded, nothing could be done untl a parental got home, so I left it and had my male bredli out. Phone rings, and it's complicated, and dad comes home and gets all jumpy because he hates my male. So I am trying to tell dad about the flood, explain to my friend on the phone and put a reluctant bredli in his click-clack. I wake up this morning and find the lid is open :cry:

got the heat mat on with a rat on it, and tying up the dogs, and spreading flour everywhere,a nd spending the day cleaning...doesn't lok good, house is open plan and we're renovating :cry:

where did you find your missing snakes?

Sorry to hear about ur loss but im sure ur bredli will turn up..
Ive lost one of my coastal he slid thru the opening of the perspex, missing for a week n turn up in the bathroom coiling on my toothbrush..
Lost my baby jungle, hes tiny so i dont have high hopes.2days later found him coil up behind the tv, near the foxtel cable...maybe hes there all along...urrgh..
Think positive..!

I have heard that most turn up... my childrens went missing on the 3rd of October & I am yet to find him... Its rather dissappointing as everyone else seems to find theres but me :( but I still hold out hope that we will find him

thats a shame. id hate to lose a snake and dont know where its gone. remember they could be anywhere, they are escape artists ;)

i found my little girl in the top draw of the cabinet her tank sits on directly underneath her heatmat lol ive told this one before but my friends MD got out and he found it months later curled up on his bed oneday when he came home =) goodluck hope he turns up

when lost, i find them in the window sill crack, cardboard box in the closet, any dark areas, just keep looking and spread the flour over the door ways and window sills.. good luck matey.

where did you find your missing snakes?

thats terrible news emily.. I hope you find him soon. I'd look at the electrical items in your home.. TV and systems, fridge, washing machine etc.. somewhere thats heated and warm.. I wouldn't leave that rat on the heat mat for too long.. the heat will cook it and may send it off.. most pythons are active after dark so I'd have a good look around the place late at night..

Sorry to hear it, hope you find him soon. Years ago when we had a childrens, he went missing while we were on holiday, he turned up on the bathroom floor one night, six months later. We later found a shed skin in a half empty box in the spare room, seemed he never really went that far.

keep your hopes up : )
i once thought all hope was gone when my little stimsons python got out once, i thoought he was gone forever and gave up looking, then like 4 months later, (while watching a movie)he turned up on top of the amp because it was warm on there!!!!!!
never give up hope, in my experience you will find them when your not looking : )
All the best

Thats terrible news Emily. Im sure ull find him, and like most have said he wouldnt have travelled very far. Best of luck in finding him

awww thts terrorbe emily i do hope u find him:(...when i got home once and i got one of my pythons out and sat down and watched some tv i glanced at the cage beside the doorway and on top of the door was jst my coastal laying ther i was like what the hell!! i now call him SLY.....so yer i hope u find urs good luck!!!!!!!

the time i lost mine i found him the next night going down the back of my tall boy.

check the oven/washing machine etc before using, check thru bags of rubbish before taking them out. sort thru clothes as u put them in the washing machine. keep everything to the outside shut and hopefully you'll find him cruising around tonight,....

can u put a live mouse or rat in a cage to attract him? (borrow one from a petshop?)
(might work better than a dead one on a heat mat)

put things like pens and empty drink cans on the edges of furniture so he knocks stuff off as he cruises around,...scrunched up plastic bags behind furniture might help locate him if he goes over them and makes them rustle,....

good luck,..hope u find him soon! :)

hope you find ya baby :(
jasta got out when he was still tiny (mac) and i found him in a duffle bag type thing pocket about 30cm away from where i kept his click clack..
he had about 6 hours of freedom but only ventured 30cm away :p

bredli

Plastic bags are really affective, especially at night when the snake is out wondering around,i found many snakes using this "technique".

hope you find your snake emily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back