help my python has escaped.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wicca4life7

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my boyfriend and i have just discovered that my baby jungle python Kethra has escaped from her enclosure. she is 3 months old and housed in a secure but large enclosure, i have no idea how she got out.

any advice on what to do to find her would be a great help. we have search the whole room she was in and im putting some mice out now to try and presued her to come out.

im so upset i havent been able to stop crying since i couldnt find her in her enclosure. she's a beautiful snake i dont want anything to happen to her, its so cold here now im worried she'll die within a short amount of time.

please help me.

First check you enclosure very thoroughly. Look for any small hole that she could have got into to - sometimes what you might think as impossibly small. When was the last time you saw her? If she isn't in the enclosure, look for the closest thing she could possible get into. There are quite a few threads on this site about finding lost snakes. Good luck.

Are there hides in the enclosure that you cannot see. like hollowed out logs.
I know my python at 6 months hid in a log in her enclosure and I could not find her. Are there any vents that she can squeeze into.

ok i'll go look ontop of the book shelf and everything. thankyou i didnt even think of that.

How long since u last seen her? Are u sure she isnt hiding in the cage somewhere? I really hope u find her. keep us updated. Gud luck.

Dont get to worried with the cold, she'll go into a warm spot or hybornate. Looking in warm spots(behind tvs, under desk, under stoves, behind everything). Try getting a Cage with a mice/rat(prefebley live) and so the cage is big enough for her to get in but not out, but then you will have to feed her live mice/rats after that. You can also try putting masking tape along walls and you can try making warm spots, like a heat mat with a tile on top then a hide above that.

Hope this helps.

ive moved everything out of the enclosure and looked under the substrate (newspaper) because she used to hide under the newpaper and i couldnt find her there are no air vents i honesly have no idea how she could get out.
the last time i saw her was last night when i was going to bed at around 3am as her enclosure is at the end of our bed she was happy on her climbing vine.

thanks trouser_snake6 ive put the heater on in the bedroom trying to keep it warm if she's still in there and ive put some thawed out mice near her enclosure and near the warmer spots in the room (near the heater and behing the tv ect..)

pull all the blankets and sheets off your bed, check them thoroughly as she will probably be somewhere warm and close to her enclosure. also check any small spaces that she could have got into, like cupboards and drawers. also computer towers and printers... i speak from experience with that one.

Stand back and look at your enclosure. Is there anything within snake's length that she could have climbed on to? No, then look downwards. Are you keeping her on a desk with drawers, check inside them. Still no, then look below at the floor. She'll probably follow the wall when she moves so look in both directions to see if there is anything close that she can hide in. This type of post is a difficult one as she could be almost anywhere by now. Normally though, they tend to stay close. I find night time with a torch is the best way to find a lost snake (but I only talk with limited experience).

Dont get to worried with the cold, she'll go into a warm spot or hybornate. Looking in warm spots(behind tvs, under desk, under stoves, behind everything). Try getting a Cage with a mice/rat(prefebley live) and so the cage is big enough for her to get in but not out, but then you will have to feed her live mice/rats after that. You can also try putting masking tape along walls and you can try making warm spots, like a heat mat with a tile on top then a hide above that
GREAT REPLY TROUSER NOT SO SURE ON THE YOU WILL HAVE TO FEED HER LIVE MICE/RATS THOUGH I REGULARLY SWAP FROM FROZEN TO LIVE NO TROUBLE. HOPE YOU FIND HER ',FOUND MINE IN A WINDOW SILL THE ONE TIME SHE GOT OUT GOOD LUCK

yeah i thought of that Kenshin when and if i find her she is going in her click clack until she is older and bigger.

ok so far no luck ive looked under the bed in all the boxes under the bed behind everything in all the cloths on the floor in the room up on top of all the furniture and i still havent found her.

thankyou all for your suggestions i hope she shows up i wont stop looking im not even going to work because i want to find her.

i'll have a good look tonight in the dark with a flashlight as spilota_varegata suggested. ashe's due for a feed so hopefully i'll find her looking for the mice ive left out.

put some things out that will make a noise as she runs into them.
lay some sort of non toxic powder so there will be some sort of track to follow.
read this some where on this site before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back