help my python has escaped.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have sliding track for the glass in the enclosure, are you sure it is not spread out in the track, I have seen this before. Get a torch so you can clearly see both chanels in the tracking, top and bottom is empty.
Good Luck.

flour or talcum on the floor will show up tracks, live feeding is illegal, they will smell a dead mouse just as well as a live one. try looking up on the curtain rails too

You poor thing....friend of mine lost hers (twice) in a pet shop (of all places).
Try electrical units emitting heat; clock radio, tv, electric blanket. I'd even go as far as underneath any furniture - if she liked her vine, she may be hiding out under one perhaps near a window or wall where you catch the morning or evening heat......Good luck my dear and Blessed Be.

PS: when found, put her in a smaller container then into her enclosure. I've got mine in plastic fish tanks whilst they'll still little - I've changed fish tank sizes 3 times (as they grow)...a lot easier to clean and don't have to chase them around at feed and clean time.....

Sorry Folks Must Have Skimmed Over That Masking Tape Comment No No No I Found My Costal Years Ago On The Top Of The Sliding Glass Front In An Unbelievably Small Space. Sealed Up Now Of Course. Keep Looking

Do you have a fluro light in the enclosure? If you do see if it has any small
holes in the casing{where all the wire and transformer are} it could well be inside
it, have know of this happening as its a nice small warm spot.

thankyou born2cast i hope i find her i was up all last night looking around the bedroom and ive sealed it off and the other close rooms, ive looked under all the furniture and left dead mice out for her but so far no luck. blessed be )o(

beeman i do have a fluo light in the enclosure and when i first got her there was an issue with her getting into it but now ive sealed it so she cant get in there.

and everyone who said dont use tape i compleatly agree with you i would never use tape, i read a thread on here the other day about a girl who's snake got caught on some tape and ended up ripping scales off and everything..not nice at all.

thanks everyone.
Kate

Merry meet! Good luck, have you tried the curtain rails?

Is she due to shed, remembering most pythons hide before shedding and dont move around too much? I think your best bet is get some flour or icing sugar or something like that to see if she is moving around. Chances are she/he will not come out and will not be found until she is good any ready!!! Funny creatures they are!!!!

Sad when this happens. Keep us all updated!

Andrew

Kate my heart goes out to you and your belooved python. It was my daughter who had the worry of her atherton getting stuck in tape, she is happily getting over it and Kellie is so very grateful for all the replies she got on here. I so hope you find yours soon. I will pray for you both.

hi wicca. my young boy once escaped at 12 months old and i tossed my entire room and entire house looking for him but with no luck. the trick that did work was by starting small and going large if needs be. on the first night i noticed him missing i started with my room...i gutted two pinkie rats, placed one in the open enclosure and one on the floor of my room. i shut my door and turned off all my lights. i checked again 30 mins later and he was there swallowing one of the rats. just play according to their nature...i know that my python hates light so i gave him complete darkness to make him feel more comfortable and it worked wonders. just remember that nothing disappears into thin air, so as cold comfort as it may be, try to relax and feel assured that your jungle will show up. just provide the necessary opportunities to allow your jungle to come out.

btw, i read somewhere that bleeding a rat increases the scent of it so it may be ideal to try that tonight rather then just leaving out a whole mouse

just in case no-one has suggested this, tape up all of your drains.. especially the laundry and shower ones. My spotted python escaped a month ago and she is also a hatchling. I found her asleep in an envelope of all places!! poor thing had no idea why she was so rudely woken up :) lucky it was a happy ending for me. I have cats also and was so worried they had snacked on her! Good luck!!!

kittyg im glad your cats didnt get her, ive worried about that here too we have three dogs and a cat as well.

scyld i'll try leaving the bleeding mouse out tonight.
thanks for the luck and well wishes everyone, ive got my fingers crossed i'll find her curled up somewhere.

My Childrens got out once while we were out for the afternoon. I found it next to the Hot water service in the laundry - the other side of the house. If yours is inside - check near that.

yes very likely to go somewhere warm i found one of mine wrapped around the wire behind a crooked picture frame near bedroom door after a couple of days searching another on the power point socket behind fridge warming if they have no gaps to get outside shouldnt be too far away goodluck. have since learned to keep securely caged up.

Ahhh Unfortunately the same thing happened to me with my little olive baby. Never found her =-( Its been... about a month now I still wish she would come out still dream about her coming out. I went balistic when she wasn't in her cage tore apart my room searched EVERYWHERE for her. But never had any luck. BUT hopefully you're luck is better than mine. Don't give up hope =-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back