help my python has escaped.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a snake of ours got out once we searched everywhere with no luck until one day my brother decided to play some guitar and it didnt sound the same the snake was in the guitar amp curled up asleep he has never ventured out since

im glad to hear that people do find their snakes when they get out. im still hoping i find her ive looked all over the house and outside with no luck yet but hopefully i'll find her. im not giving up hope yet.

Hey,
I know how you feel, I lost my spotted the day I got him! :( But I found him not too long after though, he didn't travel far.. was hiding behind some books in my bookshelf which was about a meter away from his enclosure. I hope you find him soon!

I lost my MD the first night a had her. I left my room door open and she was prob only 1 foot long and thiner than my pinky. She ended up working her way up about 2meters of a window in my room up into the gap of where the cogs and stuff are for wooden window blinds. I didnt find her till a week later when i was just randomly looking up at the celine and saw her head poke out.

Snakes can sleep/hide for very long periods of time, so if she doesnt react to ur luring devices straight away dont worry, she will get hungry sooner or later :p.

If you think it may have gotten out of the room the enclosure is in, a good way to track where its going is to put masking tape upside down in doorways. Prob wont work if they experience heavy traffic (dogs, cats, ppl etc)

when my young jungle escaped about a month ago i found him not 2 feet from his enclosure, curled up ontop of the crickets under a mat. i didnt actually know that he had escaped untill after i found him! Goodluck!!

OMG i know its late and all but i just found Kethra my baby jungle :D:D:D:D. she was in amongst the books on the book shelve just less then a metre from her enclosure. ive stuck her straight in her click clack and about to give her a feed as shes well due for one. thankyou everyone for all your help.
im so glad i found her i was begining to doubt if i would.
thanks again everyone

Kate

thats wonderful news! So happy for you, Blessed Be!

if its cold she wont go far so do a 5 meter search around the enclosure i lost mine once for 2 months only to find her in the linin cuboard.

i've been following this thread and i've got a warm fuzzy feeling all over! I love happy endings!

Had a 1.5+ coastal go missing on me once. I couldn't find it for the life of me. Only ended up finding it when it crawled out of this long slender box that was up against the wall (box was about 1.5m long, and 50x100 in opening. It had a strut brace for my car in it, I had a quick look in the top when I was looking for the snake but didnt see him. They can hide in all sorts of places you wouldn't think possible.

Just as a quick remedy for keeping snakes that may escape, I use weather shield strips (usually normally only found on the bottom of the door) around the three sides of the door. I also make sure my fly wire is in place. That way, if I ever have an escape I know exactly where he will be.

Just my two cents.

Hope all works out for you mate.

thankyou again everyone for all the support. im so glad i found her. i made sure she was alright last night and set her up in her click clack so she was alot warmer id dare say. i fed her too and she gobbled up the mouse so fast. she seems to be happy in her click clack rather then the large enclosure. im still so amazed i found her. i hope she doesnt decide to go on any more great adventures through my bedroom lol.
kate

Good idea with the mice)
check everywhere!
check all hidey holes and everywhere of everyroom.
if your house has a heater then turn that on because if she gets too cold she will go to the heater.:|

:cry:hope you find her:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back