Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katie_wady

Reaction score
Hi all. . My 2 year old diamond python, has gone missing in the last half hr or so, i have looked everywhere. . What do u suggest i do?
This sucks :(

How did it get out. Close all windows and doors. Look in warm places.

Don't freak out just yet they like to hang around. As well as warm places try high places and make sure you start near the enclosure. My Bredli escaped only to crawl into the shelf directly below his enclosure

Silly me, i left him out roaming, took my eyes off him for 10 mins. . Its only a small unit and the only way he could of gotton out is through the back door but hes a slow mover, i have looked out side, i just hope he is curled up some where inside :-(

Luckily I haven't had a escape yet, probably my OCD for making sure that everything is locked. Look under things. Apparently they like to stick close to the walls.

Silly me, i left him out roaming, took my eyes off him for 10 mins. . Its only a small unit and the only way he could of gotton out is through the back door but hes a slow mover, i have looked out side, i just hope he is curled up some where inside :-(

If the door was closed it shouldn't be able to get out of the unit. So it should still be inside.

Hope he shows up. . Will keep u posted, thanks for all your help guys :)

Apparently if you sprinkle some normal cooking flower around the edges of walls you should be able see if the snakes has moved around. If its 2 yrs old it would be a good size so it couldn't hide in really small places

Yeah hes about 1.3m long. . Flour it is. . All the door ways and around his hiding spots that he likes, thank you so much, i am freaking out.

Flour is down, 3 air cons are on at 18 degrees with a heat lamp on in the middle of the room. . Fingures crossed

Just look behind everything and bags and stuff. Had a adult childreni get out in a very messy garage and find him within 10 mins each time. Just look behind any clutter or furniture. Do it thoroughly close to where he was then look elsewhere.

Don't freak out. He'll be around somewhere. My 2yr+ spotted male escaped a couple weeks ago... Somehow managed to push the vent out of his enclosure. He was just on the floor in the corner of the room opposite to the enclosures. Haha.

check behind the fridge and around the fridge motor i had a childrens . and then my a babie lace monitor get out and i found them both behind the fridge

I haven't had an escapee yet, but I've read in a couple of threads that they can find their way to the television (another source of warmth).

Fingers crossed you find him.

my jungle has gone walkabout atm too and i swear she just dissapears into thin air. i give up looking. she can reappear when she wants.

Hey all, guess what the escapee has been found, thank goodness. Woke up this morning and hes just taking a nap on the tv. Not aware of what he put me through. So glad to have him back. Thank you everyone who helped. Appreciate all the responses . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back