Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i thought it was a pic of a murray, lol it looks like mine with different markings, but ive seen other coastals that look the same too

Actually before I saw the picture of the young diamond python the first thought I had was that it might be a murray, it actually reminded me of the two adults shown in the for sale section. So who knows, I am just gonna live with what I got. :)

i'd say its a coastal because the head marking are way to big for a diamond!!!

At some point you are gonna have to believe the guy you bought it off.

A bit unfair voicing purchase concerns after naming the seller - especially when there is very little experience to base your assumptions on.

Magpie, as I have just said I am trusting Tim to know what he is doing, which I believe that he does, otherwise I would be taking it further. The only reason I brought it up is because if TIm made a mistake then he would think that he sent me a coastal.

glacey and Blue_Streak, you are both either stupid or just never bothered to read all posts in this thread, I have never once said a bad word about Tim, all I said is that "maybe" he made a mistake and sent me the wrong snake, so what have I done that is so unfair?

I never even considered a cross bred snake until it was suggested to me, my first thoughts were a maistake was made and in the same post that I first mentioned the seller I also said that I was inclined to believe him because he would know what he is doing, this is an endorsement you freaks!!!

soulweaver, ha ha ha, you wa*ker!

I have read all your posts and wouldn't just comment to be a smart a$$ - if I sold a snake and then read posts on the internet asking about the size of the snakes, mites, crossbread etc ..............I'd be very disappointed. I agree you never said 'Tim dudded me', but you really shouldn't mention names even with 'maybes' about mites, size etc - not until you know for sure.

I am sorry for giving anyone the idea that I thought Tim was selling them with mites, but if you really read my posts you will see that I am asking if specific behaviour can "mean" they have mites, besides, I have had them out on the grass and they could very well have got them there.

If anyone thought that I was saying Tim sold me snakes with mites, I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I couldn't be happier with the service that I have received from Tim at Ultimate Reptile Suppliers, he has made my first reptile buying experience a good one and I would recommend him to anyone!

With your first snakes, don't pay much attention to specific behaviours until a pattern forms. You'll end up stressing the snake by constantly handling them trying to see if they are ok.

Rather than ask, search previous posts and then you'll get an idea of other behaviour that could help you decide if there was a problem.

With the male I never tried to see if he had mites or not, I have left him in peace while he digests his food. I will also be leaving the female for a few days and hopefully she will eat after that.

She has pretty much settled in now, she has chosen a little gap between the glass and top covering in which she likes to sleep, she doesn't even bother with the hide box and its not even the warmest part of the tank, I think she just likes being up high. The male has been sleeping in the hide box for over a day now, he did have a big meal though and I saw him have a drink before he went in. As you can probably tell I am constantly looking into the tank trying to see where they are and what they are doing. :)

I will try searching next time as well, I will probably get answers quicker if I search old posts. Thanks for the tip.

Hey, can anyone else tell when a snake is asleep by their eyes? When both of my snakes are asleep the pupils have gold speckles in them, and when they are awake there pupil is a perfect black. Is this common or am I crazy?

Woah, Greebo you're a really emotional person aren't you
Well yes I am. When a Newbie who doesnt know his bum from his elbow impugns a reputable breeder by suggesting that they may of sold them a hybrid, I get a bit upset.

Hey Greebo, go and read through this entire thread again. I have already stated that I never even considered a hybrid until it was "suggested" to me, my initial thoughts were that I had received THE WRONG SNAKE BY MISTAKE!!!!

Rest of post edited by moderators. PLEASE READ FORUM RULES.

hey snakewrangler its all good mate dont stress its your first snakes and you are gonna stress its what everyone does when they first get a snake, well i stressed and so did a few other people i know who have gotten into herps in the last couiple of years. just enjoy the experience of keeping reptiles, and from what you have said about tim i am sure he is spmeone that would be good to get herps of, i might be getting some beardeds off him soon unless anyone else has some? just enjoy it mate

I'm trying Ricko mate, I trying. )

In my last post this what we need to see more of, force members to obey rules and stay on topic! This will be a much nicer place to be.

Good work moderator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back