Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you going to try and feed your girl today? i think i have to feed a few things this weekend but i gotta do bloody graveyard shift this weekend as well so i will see what happens

I went and bought a pink rat and tried her but she wasn't into it. I am going to leave her for a few days. The boy finally showed his face 1am this morning for the first time in almost two days, he stuffed himself too full I think. Not for long though, he had a drink and slid straight back into the hide. He is still quite fat so he might be in there a day or two more yet.

Graveyard shift, thats gotta suck. :)

thank you, but I already read your posts
Her colors are completely different to my male (will put him up soon) I was actually worried that she might be a cross?
This is your second post.No one else has suggested that it might be a hybrid except you.
Do you think it could be crossed with a Diamond or something? She looks similar to some young diamonds I have seen on this board. I am not going to be happy if she is definately not a pure coastal, I want pure coastals not crossed stuff.
Another post and once again you ask if it is a hybrid.

I was inclined to believe Tim from the start, what I thought could have happended was that he sent me a diamond python by mistake. I mean if he did, I just saved myself a bit cash on the price of a diamond, however if it turns out to be one I do not have the setup to properly care for it
In this post you suggest the breeder may of actually sent you the wrong species of python.

Anyway I have decided to just believe it is a coastal, if by any chance it grows into something else I'll just have to live with it and get another coastal for breeding.
Now you only "believe" it is a coastal but you still have to "wait and see" and are not convinced.
Actually before I saw the picture of the young diamond python the first thought I had was that it might be a murray, it actually reminded me of the two adults shown in the for sale section. So who knows, I am just gonna live with what I got.

In this post you suggest it may even be another species but oh well, you will just have to live with it.

I never even considered a cross bred snake until it was suggested to me,
This is a complete lie.The first person to suggest it was a hybrid was you.
Yes, your pythons may look different but I put it to you that Tim sent you 2 pythons from different clutches in case you want to breed them down the track.While imbreeding is acceptable, this is probably what he did.
Or here is another crazy thought, perhaps he sent you two different looking snakes so you can tell them apart.
You disregarded Tim's advice about leaving them for a week before feeding them. I don't know why I expected you to listen to anyone elses.
It is a Coastal Carpet python, you got what you paid for.

Well all I can say is that my newbieness got in the way of my better judgement, my initial thoughts were that I was "accidentally" given the wrong snake, I didn't realise that I had actually suggested a hybrid before the suggestion was made to me, I honestly didn't intend to outright lie.

I do completely and whole heartedly believe that I have a coastal, if Tim says it (and all you guys) then I believe it. I was always going to keep the snake, even if it wasn't a coastal, I never wanted to even hint that Tim has, does or would do this on purpose, my only real concerns were that I would not be able to properly care for a diamond if it was one.

Anyway, I am happy to accept my mistakes and admit that I acted quite stupidly. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

The male is doing fine, still quite fat though. :) He pops his head out for a drink once a day (that I see at least) and then he is gone again. The female has taught me that experience wins out, shes wants to settle in before eating, and this is what I will give her. I will try my very best to give her a week from the last time I handled her (yesterday) but I think it might almost kill me. :)

They both look very similar and to a Newbie it would be hard to tell them apart.
The easiest way to tell them apart is by the colouration of the belly scales.
Coastals bellies are usually a cream colour while murrays have a grey/silver belly.
This is a pic of the Murray's belly.As you can see it is completely different to a coastal.I hope this is helpful.

wow, that is a nice looking coastal, they are the same colors that my female has, I hope she ends up looking like that. Very nice snakes mate. :)

A quick question, is it normal for a snake to grow a significant amount after one feed, my male has come out of hiding for a while and he is still a little bit fat but he seems to be alot longer and his head has grown considerably, the female was bigger then him before he ate but now his is bigger than her!! Maybe he is just going to be a big snake.

they are the same colors that my female has,
Yep, that is why I thought it may be helpful.
You can almost see young snakes grow while you watch but a big growth spurt in only a couple of days is a bit unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back