Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kezzza

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just looking to buy my first snake just wondering if u could give me some info and pros and cons on dimond or a green tree python as these are to types of snakes I like but if u have a sugestions I would love to here it thx .I made a tank it is 180cm high 120cm long and 60 cm wide and What sort price would I be looking at for rather types of Snake thx an info would be good thx:):D

Diamonds would be the best way to go there easy to look after and alot cheaper.Green pythons cost more than 1000 dollars and im not sure but qld but in nsw there a class 2 snake.

Diamonds would be the best way to go there easy to look after and alot cheaper.Green pythons cost more than 1000 dollars and im not sure but qld but in nsw there a class 2 snake.

Same in QLD, it's a class two, and with our req licence we can have two class two's... which I think only includes woma's and GTP (for qld)

Make some more research, great first snakes are ones like the anarstasia and other morillas like bredli's and coastals

go on Southern Cross Reptiles website & read Doc Rock's road testing Aussie Pythons......... a good place to buy your 1st snake from also..............

i would strongly recomend NOT to get a GTP as ur 1st snake u need a few yrs behind u b4 getting one & at least a yrs worth of reseach. trust me my bf learnt the hard way & as they arnt cheap u dont want it to die on u.

i would strongly recomend NOT to get a GTP as ur 1st snake u need a few yrs behind u b4 getting one & at least a yrs worth of reseach. trust me my bf learnt the hard way & as they arnt cheap u dont want it to die on u.

yes i agree with melly and a gtp is on an advanced licenses i would suggest a jungle beautiful snakes jungles are around 400 mark

Agreed
!
Pity i cant read dis but i belev ur rite. lol

A caostal is the way to go, way cooler than diamonds! (not starting a war)

i have to disagree, diamonds are way cooler, this is my diamond and coastal. there both gonna be real nice looking snakes...;)

Attachments

• IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 194
i have to disagree, diamonds are way cooler, this is my diamond and coastal. there both gonna be real nice looking snakes...;)

Diamonds are way cooler if you live in way cooler Melbourne. They can be difficult to keep in Qld.
Go for a coastal.

Do NOT buy a green tree python! and i cant stress that enough!

i baught one thinking it would be fine and it died! so take my advice and wait till you own heaps and get s'loads of experience from other snakes before you get a gtp

Hey here's a list to do some research on of snakes that make a great first:

-Spotted (blonde or normal)
-Coastal Carpet
-Bredli (centrilian carpet) which is a desert species so it's quite hardy
-BHP(Blach Headed Python)
-Woma
-Inland Carpet
-Stimson Python
-Children

All these would make a great first, but with any snake, do your research and then do more...

Definately a diamond man they are no where near as expencive are heeps easier to look after plus they are a girls best freind.lol

I live in melbourne and my 1st was a jungle..and shes doin great..although yes the diamonds i also have are a lil easier to maintain..but the jungles have such personality :)

whats so hard about keeping a GTP ? id like first hand replys and no the old , my mates brothers uncle said they were hard to keep jargon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back