Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive thought about this for a while now and I think I have pinpointed my concern
It is obvious that Jason is a breeder of quality animals, has more than a passing interest and has done more than his share of keeping. He does talk to people about the topic anand has a body of anecdoatal evidence and physical success.
What worries me is that there is more to what he; Jason; is doing than just supplying food and heat. That in itself is to simplistic to be even taken as fact. There is more happening with Jasons animals than he is aware of. I dont know what it is but its something. It may just be the luck of a perfect situation at his place. It may be his proximity to the Lucas Heights reactor or pollution coming up fom Port Kembla steel. Who knows.
The problem is that others who take his claims as gospel may be doing their own animals a huge disservice. Dont play games with the health of you animals based on whimsy and hearsay.

Tristis, would you enlighten us as to you experience with Australian freshwater turtles.

It may be his proximity to the Lucas Heights reactor or pollution coming up fom Port Kembla steel.

Right :shock:

Jas, I think it'll take a lead lined room with air filters and bottled water to make the point. Or you could move closer to Lucas Heights and produce Beardies the size of Lacies, wouldn't that be a sight :p

Peter, I agree with your point (as similarly stated in my previous post) but your credibility goes out the window with justifications like this

I know the argument is generally against the use of fluoros that replicate UVA & UVB rays and perhaps 'studies' back this line of thinking. My way of thinking though, nature provides UVA and UVB rays from the sun, which reptiles have access to. I prefer to replicate nature as close as possible in my enclosures, and as a result I use them. They may be expensive but, I think they are worth it for that reason alone.

Right :shock:

Or you could move closer to Lucas Heights and produce Beardies the size of Lacies, wouldn't that be a sight :p

i'd love a beardie the size of a lacie, so much more lizard to cuddle! :)

Yes Aslan, I require proof, you obviously do not. Good for you. I hope the tooth fairy is good to you.
Jason, I will fully accept your claims on the production of evidence and not anecdotal feedback.
I have seen the results of no UV.

Peter - You seem to have missed the point, I would love to see proof either way...

My point, however, is that you are demanding proof that it can be done, yet have not offered any proof that it can't be...in fact you have not even discussed your observations or experience - the best you have managed to offer is the above - "I have seen the results of no UV"...

I trust these results were observed after an extensive scientific research program with all variables accounted for...? or are they just anecdotal as well...? ;)

...either way I would love to see some evidence proving either way - at the moment the best I can find is experiences from keepers which I am happy to take on board - whether they have sat down and written a thesis on it or otherwise...

I'm closing this thread for the following reasons:

• The original post was about UV and snakes (specifically, Coastals), the current discussion is off-topic
  • This discussion has been covered before in multiple threads.

For the Newbies who have lizards and are confused by all the above: get a UV light to be on the safeside. Only people who've been keeping and breeding for many years would attempt to keep young lizards without UV.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back