Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hozy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i was wondering if i could borrow just a few mins of your time to ask anyone about how to look after a blond hachy and everything i should know about them and how to handle them as i am rasing them and also wat sort of envionment they need and feeding situations and shed detail and health risks and thing i should look out for in this pioticular snake specicies this would help me along so much in the way of snakes thanx hope u help me thanx.

benjiman

Take her oout for a nice dinner or better still cook her up one yourself,a bit of wine or champas for a leg opener,some romantic music and you should be right beno :wink:

yea i am i got a big tank i know wat to do but just thought i would run over it with the pros lol just to make sure i got my facts stright this time lol i have handleds planty of snakes even deadly ones such as a eastern brown with the blue mouth and small brown blotches and stuff like that its just i can't find any info or fact sheets for this breed of blotched python i was wondering if they r a easy snake to handle or a pain to feed and if they r a tempraments snake which i don't want..... i have a enclosure thats about 1700 high and 700 wide and 400 deep that should be planty of room and i think i am ready! but i spose i should get a few thing straintend out before i purchase the reptile thanx if u can help me that would be good

lol that dinner idea sounds the goods man i like lol nice

benjimen

hey mate get a tupperware container and keep it in that till it gets bigger. go get some books please. you will lose a hatchy blonde mac in that enclosure.

ricko has a point mate just get a click clack for a while and as greebs said big guy will probley give ya a care sheet when u pick it up so once u got it u will know what to do just relax mate every thing will be fine but never be afraid to ask if ur having trouble with sumthing im sure sumone here will be able to help stop streesing mate

Your enclosure is probably a little big for a hatchy,i would keep it in a small plastic aquarium (aprox-30cm by 20cm) for the first 12 mnths at least and then introduce it to a cage about twice that until its 18mnths old then then it should be alright to put it in the enclosure you mentioned.Remember to keep it warm (around 28-32 deg C) and keep its environment clean and you should'nt have any health probs.Feed it the appropriate size rodents for the first 12mnths and then once a fortnight after that.And good luck.

but i can't becuase the snake needs uv light and i can't geta uv light and heat light over one little box i can get a box but i think i will put it in the enclosure after about 13 months so it can explore and get a feel for wat its suroundings are like is that a good idea????

i agree with daniel and im sorry to dissapoint you hozy but thats the safest thing for the animal.

hey mate i am a beginner u wer once to or wer u born a pro??? well i would like to think that ur wer a good bloke like these guy and help me out
one day u might be buying a snake from me!

benjimen

ok sounds alright i got like i said a good few weeks before i get the python maby if i just go for the extra 50 bucks and get a juvy ready for the bigger enclosure

or maybe an adult...u know whatever ay. i started with an adult. worked 4 me.

I think what ricko and ozherp are trynna say is that it would be far better for the snake if you did a bit of research first. Buy a decor container about 2-3L. I use paper towel as a substrate but some use Breeders choice pellets. Make sure there is a water dish in there, I use small plastic containers or lids. Use a dunny roll for a hide (unscented). Keep this half on a thermostatically controlled heatmat set at about 30C.

Bob may be hesitant to sell a snake to you until he is sure that you are prepared for it!!

Hozy, UV doesn't seem to be a factor with pythons, with the possible exception of the diamond python. If you are worried about UV then an hour a week in the sun is enough ( but not in a clear plastic container and not without some shade ). Remember a hatchy is near the wrong end of the food chain, it will spend most of its time hiding.

yeah mate wasnt trying to kill off the passion you have for getting one but just get some books specially care of australian reptile in captivity by john weigal. thanks ag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back