I need help pleeease

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm in adelaide, I only just started to keep reptiles since december last year and I'm loving it.

yes he is my first....since 2011 and he is just beautiful.... fascinating creatures...pic is not good....i will take one of his new enclosure. you wont see him he is in his hiding rock...

The attachment didn't work, try going into the advanced reply and loading it through there.

weaner rats actually sound a bit small if ya snake is 1500 long, feed approx 20%ish of ya snakes body weight every 14 days, i do this buy feeding mine approx 10% every 5-7 days, so my 1500 long bredli are about 1.2 kg and they get a 110gm rat every 5-7 days

Where did the mites come from? I'm guessing that they came with the animal?

Have you been in touch with the breeder about all the problems?

Charlie

snake 050.jpgHe is so placid, but i am so worried he has not eaten for so long... i dont want to loose him...

Last edited:
Nice looking albino you have there. What are you using to heat the enclosure and around what temps are you keeping the hot/cool ends? As for the dirty nose I can't help you there sorry.

he is at 30-32 hot end and 20 at the cool end where his water is at present.... Gully reptile centa not open today otherwise he would be going up there to chat with those guys who are very helpful ...

i read so much about snakes online, everyone says something different... you tube videos for mites was very interesting....lol.... i was shocked to see what some people do with their snakes... i have not read a book but looking at some of the replies i have had obviously i need to . how have you dealt with any issues you have had ?

lochlano2000 how old is your snake.... is it a womma, or a breidli

Last edited by a moderator:
does he have a hide at either side? are you heating with any sort of globe? If you give him a basking spot of around 35? This will give him more of a reason to come out of his hide during the day and you may find him to be more active(Just my opinion).

I have a 12month old cape york jungle and have recently bought a 9month old bredli.

charlie

ok so no other hide. but will increase the temp to see what he does. I heat him with a ceramic globe on thermostat. with a fluro on during the day.

Last edited:
Nope have been very lucky with mine so far, the jungle even handles like a dream. Yeah I would say if you are heating with a globe then give him a warmer basking spot as if he's always curled up in his hide he may be trying to conserve his energy/heat. Is the ceramic globe on 24/7 or only during the day as it gets quite cold at night here so I would suggest maybe just adding a heatmat inder a section of his enclosure to provide some heat during the night. Have you measured the ambient temps in the viv yet?

I am quite inexperienced at this so please don't just follow what I say as I could be wrong and more experienced people may come on and say something completely different to me. Get in contact with the gully reptile centa and possibly a herp vet and see what they have to say on the matter is youre best bet I think.

no worries and thank you... he is on 24/7 except for the fluro.... in an all glass viv he got cold at night.... so now we are leaving him on as it is thermo controlled. did the pics upload ok i can see them.

Last edited:
Only the pic on the 2nd page of him in his hide, the other two attachments didn't work. Now I may have this wrong but wont a cermic light produce light that the python can see? If so this is not a good idea to use 24/7, I would use a UV or infared globe as the python can not see this so it is possible to use at night and not disturb the python. I was reading somewhere recently that albino darwins dont like to be in full sunlight for extended periods of time due to "sunburn" so if this applies here it may contribute to the fact of why he is always in his hide?

no light from ceramic heat only globe.... fluro is a reptile fluro which is supposed to support his colour and not give him sunburn... but hey all good info is greatly appreiciated.

Ahh ok thats for correcting me on that one I wasn't too sure as I havn't used them before.

he is at 30-32 hot end and 20 at the cool end where his water is at present....

Try and get the cool end to around 25C and make sure it doesn't drop below that 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back