I need help pleeease

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5months is not long for a python not too feed and there are many other things to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he hasn't eaten for ten weeks (only) and as someone relatively new to snakes and you have noticed he has lost condition there is something WRONG with the snake, you haven't mentioned what you got rid of the mites with (mites have a 11-13 day cycle) under normal conditions.
l will stick my neck out "MAYBE" your mite treatment is the suspect or maybe there is something more sinister going on....mites are like fleas on a dog everybody is embarassed to have them but like fleas but 98% of the time they are not fatal to the host.
solar 17 (baden)

I wouldn't offer live, freshly killed is definitely a better option... If the snake is still feeling the effects of a blast of mite treatment or is stressed, or has another underlying issue which is making it reject its food, chances are it won't go for anything so putting a live critter with teeth in with the snake is a dangerous option for the snake in particular....

I wouldn't offer live, freshly killed is definitely a better option... If the snake is still feeling the effects of a blast of mite treatment or is stressed, or has another underlying issue which is making it reject its food, chances are it won't go for anything so putting a live critter with teeth in with the snake is a dangerous option for the snake in particular....
+1

Is that a pic of him in his hide or his water bowl? I treated my Darwin for mites and he didn't eat for nearly 4 months. He's fine now. Some of those treatments are pretty harsh.

look in his hide for mites. when my shingleback had them there were HEAPS in his hide in the morning and i just kept squishing them till they were gone ps. he wasnt eating for a while till i got rid of them and even after that....

also have you treated or changed the astro turf for the mites as they could be hiding in there. Maybe try just using newspaper temporarly so you can change it at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back