I think my pythons blind !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeeza what I advise you to do is read the threads on this forum...read and read again especially in herp help....you will learn so much from reading about what people post on the forum.

Also...if you do want to ask a question.....make sure you put up as much information as possible....in my experience on the forum it does help stop people from jumping to conclusions and helps them to answer your queries really effectively

Im glad you had a herp vet come out and check your snakes.......did the vet say how your diamond lost its sight?

Elizabeth

Please at least stay on some forum, experienced people can be a big help at times :) Believe me, I have considered leaving due to keyboard warriors lol just think of it this way... everyone has their way of relaxing or making themselves feel better... and some peoples way of winding down is to be a tough guy, or a nasty troll on a forum

Zeezza, there are probably at least a dozen people that are worth staying on here for :lol:

Just disregard the rest ;)

Good luck with your inherited pythons :)

what a beautiful diamond, i love the dark ones!!

diamonds are fine in glass tanks, the less their tank heats up the better really, u want a small hotspot of 29-30 for 4 hours a day and thats it, i even bring my diamonds in from the aviary on days over 32, too much heat is terrible for diamonds,...actaully, i only offer heat 4 hours of heat for 2 days after feeding, the rest of the time theyre unheated.

the only thing i hate about glass enclsoures and the reason i moved my diamond out of one was that its too hard to add branches etc,...

Well the Vet actually came all the way out to my place this morning and I had all of them checked over......He is Blind but apart from that there is nothing at all wrong with him. He just likes his water , i guess...... Had him probed (as well as the others) , Vet said the spurs near his cloaca? were HUGE.....although Im still unsure of exactly what that means. and moosenoose im pretty sure I said hes been sitting in a bowl of water , opening his mouth to drink etc.
Great to hear that you had the vet over to your house. That way you get expert advice from someone who has really seen the animals and their enclosures, not just a forum photo. Some snakes have odd habits. I am raising my first clutch of hatchlings and one of them soaks in its bowl after every single meal. I have 19 other snakes which never do that. Just an odd behavior in a healthy animal. Sounds like your diamond is similar.

If you get worried about the heat profile of the glass tank you can tape a car window reflector to the back and sides. That helps a bit and I have done this on an old fish tank I used, to save on the power bills. Otherwise don't worry.

I hope you are still enjoying your new reptile family.

my opinion is ... your asking the wrong people, you should be asking a vet

I guess the only problem with his enclosure is that in NSW they are changing the enclosure requirements and its size may not comply.

Out of curiosity.. and a little off topic, but where do you get information on enclosure requirements for NSW??

A harder question to answer than it should be. Check out the thread in General Discussion about this. There is a ?draft? Which has reasonable sizes for now. The problem is the proposed changes 5 years down the road. It is still up in the air. I am hoping that we will know more at the next AHS meeting.

A lot of diferent snakes have odd peculiarities the pics werent to good even though should have pupils if youve only had short while ask the breeder or better still take to a reptile vet

I understand that you recently inherited the pythons in this thread & I mean no offence, but shouldn't a blind diamond python be in the hands of a carer with some experience at keeping reptiles?

I understand that you recently inherited the pythons in this thread & I mean no offence, but shouldn't a blind diamond python be in the hands of a carer with some experience at keeping reptiles?

Why?

A blind python has no special requirements in captivity, I would stop taking him to the skate park though.

snake is shocking, enclosure is shocking. i would say he is simply about to shed!

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 11:57 AM ----------

also the spurs of a snake are pretty basic anatomy.. something a reptile keeper should know

why is the snake shocking?
why is the enclosure shocking?
and if the spurs of a snake are basic anatomy that a reptile keeper should know then why dont you spread your knowledge and explain to zeeza what they are?

Last edited:
okay know what I thik the problem here is people dont understandwhy I had snakes and no experiance but if youve read any of my earlier threads itclearly states I was pretty much dumped with them ! Although I love them and and happy to learn / do whatever it takes to make them happy in order to keep them . Heres the story: so my now ex husband and I were together 11 yrs , he kept reptiles , we both have a license ! I just never had anything to do with them, maybe the odd photo here n there , then mid last year he went to jail ( for other reasons) and I had to info up.... Ive made bigger enclosures .got lights but im not rich !.. and am working on heating and learning more ! I dont get how so many people are so quick to tell you what you doin wrong but dont offer any suggestion on how to fix the situation . Its not like Ive just woken up one day and decided I want a bunch of snakes , im doin the best I can atm and mis-devious your a @#$%$&* idiot , probably why your suspended maybe try reading THE WHOLE THREAD !

I think you are doing a hell of a job Zeezza. Good luck with it all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back