Illawarra reptile show :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
first time in five years i was near enough to the gong to drop in on the show. i was gobsmacked by the amount of people who were there compared to the last couple i went to in fairy meadow.

my question to the organisers: why no venomous snakes?

Certainly was a huge crowd....2,000 people went through.

Not sure about why no vens.....you will have to ask the organisers...

It appears to be space.............or insurance..one or the other...

as of today i have moved back to the south coast, and i filled in the form and coughed up for the IRS membership while at the show...
so maybe next year there will be some venomous critters on display (dependent on insurance or space)

more pics for farma

Attachments

• 180420101377.jpg
    180420101377.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 180420101381.jpg
    180420101381.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 55
Sounds like a missed out on a good day. Maybe I should have taken the two minute walk it takes to get there from my place?

I could have put a big 2 metre lacie on display!;):p

Sounds like a missed out on a good day. Maybe I should have taken the two minute walk it takes to get there from my place?

I could have put a big 2 metre lacie on display!;):p

Now thats just lazy mate! I was this close to driving there and back from southeast Melbourne! but I suffered from what you probably did on the day... insidism.. one of those days where the front door seems to have an invisible barrier stopping you from going near it.

Fay - Congratulations to you and the other IRS crew that put the show on. Once again, it was brilliant.

The IRS show is undoubtedly my favourite of the club shows and has been since I made my way down two years ago. As I said to you today, I think you guys do well by drawing a great crowd from the community, proof of this was the line trying to get in all day - always a good sign...

I think you may need to look into a larger venue in the future though, it was quite crowded once the numbers started flowing in, a great sign for the quality of the show but it did get cramped and difficult to see the animals after a while.

In saying that, the quality and quantity of the animals on display was fantastic, an area I think the other shows have lacked in so far. There was a HUGE number of animals on display from all different categories - brilliant. It is this selection of animals that I believe appeals to the general public rather than just other herpers...

EXTREMELY well done...

Thanks guys for the great positive feedback.

As you would know..you can NEVER estimate how many people will turn up on the day.
The last two years about 1200 walked through the doors, this year 2000 turned up. That was certainly unexpected.
I will be printing off some of these comments for Garth to give to the next committee meeting to have a look at.

That blackhead monitor is a beauty, dont think mine are going to get the black head :(

Was a very nice monitor , i got soem pics of it out on the grass after the show ill post some up once i sort them out ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back