Illawarra Reptile Society Annual Show

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an awesome day, one comment I have to make is it was a bit small to have 1 million prams (bit hard to move around the area) but all in all it was amazing! My new addition looks to be settling in + those cheap woodies and crickets didn't go a miss in my current collection either ;) Good Job!

Zac.

I came up through the period when the zoo was the only place you could satisfy a reptile craving or the bush and it was illegal to trade or keep in any form. Having any sort of an expo was just a pipe dream. I am so thankfull for the time and effort these people put in to provide these expo's for us, we really are blessed, other parts of the country have nothing. Every time they are held people complain about the size and overcrowding, I know it does require some patience and does become a pain but ever increasing numbers at these expo's is a great thing for the hobby. Thanks guys for a great day.

hahaha we already moved up venues from a Community centre last year. No one can predict the crowd on any given day.....maybe you have a crystal ball? LOL

There was a lot for sale, suppose depends what you are looking for. Sellers don't really have any idea what others are selling until they turn up.

Congratulations Illawara herps. Probably the most succesful expo of the last couple of years. Alot of stuff for sale, including unusual things and some nice animals on display.

i was a little let down not that much to pick from in the sales section. alot of amyae and knobbies but not alot else, if that was "the best show" then iv been a little turned off expo's

I'd be very curious to know what you would like to see for sale at this or any other expo.

Congratulations Illawara herps. Probably the most succesful expo of the last couple of years. Alot of stuff for sale, including unusual things and some nice animals on display.

Yes theyve done an outstanding job Illawarrra Herps,no doubt about it! :)

i think u just about covered all in the gecko department bob and those ackies u sold me have settled in nicely cheers....i think people had too many diff expectations, i went with an open mind (and wallet) lol just a bigger venue would have been awesome.

The Ackies there were very beautiful. They are on my wish list

I'd be very curious to know what you would like to see for sale at this or any other expo.

Cant please everyone sponge,some one always unhappy mate,generally was enough aspidites,antaresias,spilotes,dragons and gex,monitors,they werent really short of much IMO

someone mentioned on another thread that there should have been an area for this forum where we all could have met up and had a chat...that would of been great...maybe next year we can organise something in advance.......

i went in there to find a yearling placid tanami woma and thats exactly what i got !! i feel like its christmas in april!!

i went in there to find a yearling placid tanami woma and thats exactly what i got !! i feel like its christmas in april!!

Awesome!!!!! Lots of great snakes there!!
Can't wait to see some photos

someone mentioned on another thread that there should have been an area for this forum where we all could have met up and had a chat...that would of been great...maybe next year we can organise something in advance.......

i sat behind dicky's geckos all day, with my name on a tag... a few folk from here found me!

Arrived at 12.30 pm the 20 min wait to get in didn't really worry me as it was the first expo I wasn't buying animals at, therefore didn't worry about getting in first. Large amount of pram-pushing mums, but you can't control that. Immediately around the tables was crowded, however there was still plenty of room to move about the rest of the hall. Catering was well looked after, good variety of competition animals, retail stores seemed all equal in quality products and floorspace and various sale animals on offer (first expo in a long time with plenty of skinks for sale!), skinks, pygopods, monitors, turtles, heaps of pythons, dragons and geckoes were all for sale. Congratulations to Illawarra Reptile Club for their hard work, it certainly paid off. Overall it was a great day out, I'm sure we'll be treated to another one next year.

I bought a nice hatchling Milii heaps of cheap crickets/woodies and some plants ! I loved it.. just got annoyed with pram people not knowing the flow of traffic (out of everyones control) ! That what I meant by my comment Fay! No insult to the expo, it was awesome.

Zac.

Last edited:
i sat behind dicky's geckos all day, with my name on a tag... a few folk from here found me!

i didnt even see brett, there was too many people there when i was there hopefully next yearit will be at a diff venue somewhere bigger but we should still organise something all us aps peeps.

Big weekend for us. I am totally exhausted. Great day for us to catch up with a lot of people that we know. I was over the moon by winning 'Best in Show'....plus a host of other awards. I also won and award for our albino.
My animals are glad to be back home, but it certainly was a great day and the crowds were more than we ever imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back