Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are trying to say that cross breeding is ok but inbreeding isn't? You can't compare reptiles with dogs there a different kettle of fish.

Reptiles can be line bred for many generations with no problems as long as the founding individuals are of good genetic background.

It should be made law that different species are illegal to house together. That would stop the ACCIDENTS..

So you are trying to say that cross breeding is ok but inbreeding isn't? You can't compare reptiles with dogs there a different kettle of fish.

DOGS HORSES CATS FISH BIRDS HUMANS ALL LIVING THINGS even PLANTS
Reptiles can be line bred for many generations with no problems as long as the founding individuals are of good genetic background.

SHOW ME THE DATA TO BACK THAT CLAIM THAT HAS BEEN SHOVED DOWN EVERY ONES TROATS. TELL LONG ENOUGH AND HARD ENOUGH THEY WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING

SUCKER BORN EVERYDAY

WHATS YOUR PERSONAL BREEDING EXPERTISE? CROSS BREEDING DONE PROPERLY STRENGTHENS THE ANIMAL BRINGS IN NEW BLOOD AND SOMETIMES AN EVEN SUPERIOR ANIMAL WHEN DONE PROPERLY.

English fox hound lines can be traced back to the 1700 even then they knew the importance of blood but us lot in our enlightened world will swallow any marking drivel that is spat at us,
all in the aid of the all mighty dollar .

The last trend was Hypo bredlis havn't they fallen by the wayside now there is the Black and white Jungle stunning but lets see how long that lasts

Year before last was water pythons try and off load one now??

Inkslinger,

Why do you use domestic dog breeds to support any argument against line bred reptiles?

Every domestic "pure" bred dog is the result of intese inbreeding.

slightly off topic, but does interbreeding happen in the wild?

yeah but isnt these topics the subject of great debate??? who says that they are more susceptiple to problems??? whats the longest living albino reptile in captivity etc etc....also is it fact that many inbreds/x breeds have more probs??? Ive heard a quite a few on here that have said they have inbreed or whatever quite a few generations with no probs...

Also i know this example is a bit diff (but still many ways the same)...My dog is a white boxer, now many breders used to kill them off when they were born because of supossed blindness and deafness and many other probs...My father inlaw is a breeder of these dogs and he and many others have started selling the white ones as of a couple of seasons ago...Now my dog hasnt got any probs at all and is just as healthy as any normal coloured one...

So in who's opinion is it that albinos/inbreeds have more probs??? Is it FACT??? and if so, what actual scienc has been used to prove it??? Not trying to cause argument, just my 2 cents worth...

Regards...
Ash...

SHOW ME THE DATA TO BACK THAT CLAIM THAT HAS BEEN SHOVED DOWN EVERY ONES TROATS. TELL LONG ENOUGH AND HARD ENOUGH THEY WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING

SUCKER BORN EVERYDAY

WHATS YOUR PERSONAL BREEDING EXPERTISE? CROSS BREEDING DONE PROPERLY STRENGTHENS THE ANIMAL BRINGS IN NEW BLOOD AND SOMETIMES AN EVEN SUPERIOR ANIMAL WHEN DONE PROPERLY.

English fox hound lines can be traced back to the 1700 even then they knew the importance of blood but us lot in our enlightened world will swallow any marking drivel that is spat at us,
all in the aid of the all mighty dollar .

The last trend was Hypo bredlis havn't they fallen by the wayside now there is the Black and white Jungle stunning but lets see how long that lasts

Year before last was water pythons try and off load one now??

There are plenty of reptile lines that have been bred for many generations with no problems, just look at the krauss jungles and some of the mac lines.

I'm not doubting that cross-breeding can result in stronger offspring, but we are talking about native wildlife here not an animal that has been domesticated and drastically altered by humans such as dogs. Crossing sub-species or species to make "stronger" offspring when there is no problem with pure animals seems pointless to me.

On top of that there is no reason why albino animals need to be greatly inbred, so to cull them for that reason is ludicrous.

so if it happens in the wild, and has been happening for millions of years, are there really any 'pure' species out there?

Species aren't real, Jen, they're an arbitrary concept created by humans for ease of classification.

Now that should stir up a fight, lol.

There are plenty of reptile lines that have been bred for many generations with no problems, just look at the krauss jungles and some of the mac lines.

I'm not doubting that cross-breeding can result in stronger offspring, but we are talking about native wildlife here not an animal that has been domesticated and drastically altered by humans such as dogs. Crossing sub-species or species to make "stronger" offspring when there is no problem with pure animals seems pointless to me.

On top of that there is no reason why albino animals need to be greatly inbred, so to cull them for that reason is ludicrous.

Can see you have swallowed the party line hook line and sinker I actually own one or two of of Peters,

Albino trait is rare both parents have to carry the gene I am not saying we have the problems they do overseas but we should learn from the info now coming out before it happens here.

Why do you think there is such a demand for legally wild caught animals mmmm to introduce new strong undiluted blood back into the line.

Still waiting for the hard evidence of your claims, how long have you been breeding or are you just into name dropping?

You heard of Dennis R King?Eric Planka? Eric Worrell Robert Mertons Dr [SIZE=-1]Heinz Wermuth,
Modern Day Brian Fry comes to mind but doesnt matter you mind is made up
[/SIZE]

I think people want wild caught animals to be confident they have PURE animals more than
to just add new wild caught blood to a existing line of animals.
Aswell as bringing in ew locality variants and the like, to captivity.

What has Eric Worrell got to do with any of this? :shock:

Last edited:
Can see you have swallowed the party line hook line and sinker I actually own one or two of of Peters,

Albino trait is rare both parents have to carry the gene I am not saying we have the problems they do overseas but we should learn from the info now coming out before it happens here.

Why do you think there is such a demand for legally wild caught animals mmmm to introduce new strong undiluted blood back into the line.

Still waiting for the hard evidence of your claims, how long have you been breeding or are you just into name dropping?

You heard of Dennis R King?Eric Planka? Eric Worrell Robert Mertons Dr [SIZE=-1]Heinz Wermuth,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Modern Day Brian Fry comes to mind but doesnt matter you mind is made up[/SIZE]

The demand for wild caught animals has alot to do with people wanting PURE animals, as people that cross-breed have muddied the waters. There is a reason why crossed animals are cheaper then pure animals. It also creates more localities available to the hobby, which cross-breeding certainly doesn't.

And just because there has been a few problems o/s is no reason to cull albino's! From what I have read there seems to be more problems with Jags o/s then albino's yet not many people are calling for them to be culled. With careful breeding those problems can generally be weeded out easily.

Few problems you are the master of understatement

Wild caught cheaper than so called spectacular name brands do your home work. nothing to do with cross breeding but to put a bit of strenght into there establish breeders.

Many many years ago sitting at a covert herp meeting I remember us all racking our brains tryin to figured out how to the bloody awful strips out of our coastals figured it out though we were all incubating to low.

Now they are all the rage what a giggle

It is better to be thought stupid than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Please tell me all the problems that the albino's in Aus have then ??????

And since when is every deformity put down to inbreeding? Many other things can cause them, cross-bred animals aren't free of them either.

Plus what do incubation temps and prices of wild caught snakes have to do with this argument?

Few problems you are the master of understatement

Wild caught cheaper than so called spectacular name brands do your home work. nothing to do with cross breeding but to put a bit of strenght into there establish breeders.

Many many years ago sitting at a covert herp meeting I remember us all racking our brains tryin to figured out how to the bloody awful strips out of our coastals figured it out though we were all incubating to low.

Now they are all the rage what a giggle

It is better to be thought stupid than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

No I havn't line bred if that's what your asking. I find it comical you think cross-breeding is desirable but pure bred morphs should be culled, when there has been no hard evidence provided that there is even any problems related to albino snakes in Aus. All you did was copy and paste albino problems related to humans, I suppose they should all be culled as well.

I think somebody needs to slowly back away from the keyboard, get a glass of water and just chill for a bit.

Where can i get legal wild caught animals cheaper than captive bred animals?

In the bush........There free .......lol...lol
By the way inkslinger, who said that hypo bredli's are a passed fad ???
Ahhhh thats right, You said it, so it has to be true !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back