Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed at the various "names" given to BHP's because of the colours on their belly.
My BHP has awesome colours on his belly. That's cos he is a BHP, I thought that was normal?

I totally agree Darlyn, these BHP's have got to be the biggest joke. Who the hell cares about belly scales really!

Vixen, I wouldn't worry about any of the critics as you have some amazing animals which I'm sure the people saying these nasty things are just jealous.

Dan

If any of this happens to be aimed at the Freckle Bredli I have for sale, I know for a fact this is genetic as the mother of the him looked exactly the same, and a few of his siblings also had the same trait. I was offered quite a large sum of money on here last year (think over the 4k mark) by a well known breeder - but at that point I wasn't planning on selling him. So if a well known breeder is willing to offer than much money for him, they must think it has potential down the track.

I'm not trying to rip ANYBODY off, i'm not like that at all and anyone who's ever dealt with me would know that.

As for all the 'possibles' being thrown around lately, I am guilty of that too for some coastals I am selling. But it IS possible they are het. axanthic, they are direct siblings to the animals bred by Steve Brooks that are now owned by Larks, both can confirm that. :) This is the reason I have decided to keep the entire clutch back until I can hopefully prove the parents this season.

You say it is genetic, but do you actually know the mode of inheritence?

I am not having a go at you here Vixen, so please don't take it as such. But I think this is part cause of the problem these days with people advertising everything as some new morph, most don't have any idea of the genetics behind the morph if there is any at all. I am not saying Vixen does or doesn't know and by no means do I mean to take anything away from her animals or her as a person, it was just the comment on being 'genetic', but not actually explaining how it is inherited that got me thinking. Most people see something new or slightly different and they call it a new morph name, but without any work going into how it is genitically inherited. There was one example of a line of stimmies that were bred for many years by a person, someone else bought the lineage, slapped a name on it and everyone went nuts for them. However before, they were just nice looking stimmies. So, a lot can be said for slapping names on things, it certainly adds value, especially to those that no little about genetics. Is it ripping people off......I guess that is a personal thought, albeit 'possibly' misleading depending on the seller and the knowledge they have of the line of animals they are breeding. Just my thoughts on this.

Daz

Hugsta i'll be honest and say I have no idea what the mode of inheritance is. I wouldn't label him as any sort of morph if it was just him, but to me it sounds genetic if the mother, and some siblings were carrying the trait? Although I could be wrong, I think he is beautiful nonetheless hehe.

Hopefully I can shed some light on it if I do decide to keep him and focus on developing the line. =)

Vexen im all for you going and seeing what you can do with your bredlis I hope you make some impressive offspring with them :)

Met a guy the other day with a rare new species, a lemon pepper scrub python...,it was a coastal :)

with the way its heading ,in the future the breeders with the pure normal looking herp will be asking big money and getting it, because its hard to not get a milkshake these days.

i really cant talk because im on the same path with my albinos!!

my hat off to the remaining few still breeding pure natural aussie snakes.

Its only going to get worse.....As snakes get cheaper and cheaper people will be looking for an "edge". Some people are just deluded and others havent seen enough snakes to realise their particular snake is ordinary. Most of the reptiles I see advertised these days are generally priced two to three times the amount that I personally think their worth or they'll sell for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back