Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Tasmanians be able to import Australian reptiles?

• YES can import

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • NO no iports

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
but............ not really interested in dieing like most Tasmanians so we would much rather pythons

sweet, i wouldnt complain much dude, i mean you cut the cost of buying the snake, all you have to do is buy the enclosure and heat etc.. are you allowed to breed them? but not sell them obviously

yes can breed but we have 2 of the 3 snakes are lethal dont want to keep them

even if they create a licence for people to apply for to let a certain herp in

ahh, you'll get over it, wear welders gloves if its such a problem, i'd have a ball over there, id catch and keep, breed then let the caught ones go, leaving you with (hopefully) tame babies, yes it would be a problem if your bitten, but that makes it more fun lol

thats what i mean there are 4 people in tas that have mainland species legally but they have to be educators and snake catchers and go to shows and stuff like that

and cause they are so small they will tag u easy they are hard to control have to use gloves for them

ahh, fair enough, so these people with licenses for mainland herps, why cant they breed, its obvious they dont have diseases and the such, maybe they could introduce a quarantine, so when people import, they dont get their snake for say 3 weeks, while the gov do some tests etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back