Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Tasmanians be able to import Australian reptiles?

• YES can import

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • NO no iports

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no let everyone read it so they will understand
yeh ok fair enough, i have been to tassie, and was supposed to go on boxing day this yr, but due to getting in trouble, i cant
, i havent seen any of your snakes, but i've seen pics, i have seen a few skinks, but couldnt/cant identify
the tassie gov, seems very strict on importing almost everything, but whats their stance in exporting, say could someone export something OUT of tas?

Looks like Tassie is the worst place for reptile keepers then, unless to only want vens and skinks
not really, im WA you can only keep WA herps, but they have some pythons, for some people living in tas would be fine, if they like skinks and vens, but for tassie97 here, it sux because there is almost no way for him to get a python in the near future, ruling out breaking the law ;)
imo, it would be great, having legal access to whatever native herp i want, but yeh, no pythons kinda does suck

soooo what do people think IS possible to import without wild breeding hapening

The legislation is currently being ammended for the keeping of Native Reptiles, which includes which species of mainland herp's will be allowed to be kept.....This is a very long process and has been underway for a few years that i know of.......
According to the Permit officer i spoke with, once the legislation has been ammended, there will be a system in place just like all other states and territories, only thing is the list of reptiles will be restricted more than any other current system......meaning....not many species permitted......

Get in touch with the permit officer and have a chat to him, see what the latest deadline is......i'm sure it cannot be far off now

LOL at wearing welding gloves stupid idea.

Agree 100%, the strike range of any of the elapids will out reach any
welders gloves not to mention it is possiable to get envenomated through gloves!

Agree 100%, the strike range of any of the elapids will out reach any
welders gloves not to mention it is possiable to get envenomated through gloves!

Exactly.

As well as being clumsy and reducing your sense of touch.

Lizardboi if by "free handling" you mean holding Elapids in the same manner as you would pythons then that's an individuals choice.
Welding gloves and handling Elapids is not a good idea even if tailing, IMO. And not sound handling advice to give out on a public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back