Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can use whatever they want to incubate eggs in.

I wanted to try the water method and certainly don't have time to stuff around with things so it suited us to buy them with the grid already in place and the dividers...I don't understand what all the fuss is about.........

A flat glass lid is not a good idea, better products are available from the supermarket shelf.

The container is called S.I.M. It is name after the way the eggs are suspended in the air.

So if you dont mind me asking, what do the letters S.I.M. stand for? I'm guessing Suspended In... But cant figure out the M... I'd get it if it were "S.I.A. aka Suspended In Air" Or is it more a "S.I.M. short for Simulation" type thing? I've been ever curious about it for a while now...

Wait... Or is it "Suspended In Mid-air"?

So if you dont mind me asking, what do the letters S.I.M. stand for? I'm guessing Suspended In... But cant figure out the M... I'd get it if it were "S.I.A. aka Suspended In Air" Or is it more a "S.I.M. short for Simulation" type thing? I've been ever curious about it for a while now...

Super Incubation Man

I don't really have an opinion here and think an old fridge and heating cord works fine. But when things such as better hatch rates,stronger babies and quicker incubation times are claimed I can understand some people wanting evidence... I keep seeing things like people haven't tried them so they cant comment, but that doesn't make the claims any more true. Science doesn't work like that.

It seems like a really good product and hopefully one day i will get to try it out for myself.

They are basically trying to cash in on a basic incubation method that can easilty be achieved without buying an expensive 'reptile product'. I have used cling wrap on an old plastic tub with good success.

Super Incubation Man

LMFAO Geckoman :lol:

They are basically trying to cash in on a basic incubation method that can easilty be achieved without buying an expensive 'reptile product'. I have used cling wrap on an old plastic tub with good success.

Ahhh I see, I get it now... "Suspended Incubation Method"? lol. :oops: I think my idea was better..."S.I.A." * :lol: Sounds less "computerised" and more believeable haha... jks :lol:

Kinda like "reptile basking globes" for $15-35 as compared to Phillips 100w spot bulb 2pk for a max of $5.... etc etc.... Stealthy...

* Patent pending...

Yes Cris, we are offering people a solution to a problem. The problem being that not everybody is confident like yourself when incubating reptile eggs with clingwrap. The lid is not made from glass by the way. This little tub offers customers everything in one hit. You can find out what sim stands for by going to our site carpetpythons.com.au.

Kinda like "reptile basking globes" for $15-35 as compared to Phillips 100w spot bulb 2pk for a max of $5.... etc etc.... Stealthy...

* Patent pending...

Never heard of a reptile globe? is that something like the earth before mammals? or a marketing gimmick? :lol:

Yes Cris, we are offering people a solution to a problem. The problem being that not everybody is confident like yourself when incubating reptile eggs with clingwrap. The lid is not made from glass by the way. This little tub offers customers everything in one hit. You can find out what sim stands for by going to our site carpetpythons.com.au.

Why cant you just tell us what SIM stands for?

And fortunately for us we are in the process of getting a cheaper version made that will make cutting and sticking bits of grate in a plastic tub redundant. It will be priced that well that you would be stupid to make your own home made tubs when you can get it for less from us.

Just checked out your website, it would appear your are breeding illegally imported jags, is that correct? if so do they need an expensive reptile an incubation conatiner to incubate successfully? Or are they just the same deleterious morph as seen in many overseas (and probably many illegal Aussie) collections?

And fortunately for us we are in the process of getting a cheaper version made that will make cutting and sticking bits of grate in a plastic tub redundant. It will be priced that well that you would be stupid to make your own home made tubs when you can get it for less from us.

So they will be less than $10? So when these tubs come in you will beat the price of a homemade equivalent? Thanks Gex

Last edited:
I set up one in a hovabator to see if there is any weight to these claims that they are less effective in them. I was sloppy to say the least, i fit the lid like an ill fitting lid would fit. I shoved probes under the lid, not one but three. It has been running for half an hour and so far,

DSC03278.jpg

DSC03280.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

please not that the lid is not sealed fully and these are the readings already? Something is not adding up? By the way, there is a hundred ml of water in the base.

Have you tried them chondrogreen and ramsayi? I don't understand how somebody can have an opinion on something that they don't have any intention on trying out? And as I have said before ramsayi, you were one of the first to enquire about the product.

It has nothing to do with whether they have tried them or not. Even if they had, you would still be pushing them, talking them up and posting a million threads, with pictures about how they work EVEN WITH THE LIDS NOT ON PROPERLY.:rolleyes:
If they are so great why do you feel the need to have to prove it so many times? Let people make up their own minds...and if they dont like them, then who cares?
This product is controversial, because you made it controversial.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are so great why do you feel the need to have to prove it so many times? Let people make up their own minds...and if they dont like them, then who cares?

I am not the one starting the threads that slag them. This is the type of incubator in question, that started all the negative feedback. Yoy should read all the posts and follow the threads to understand why i posted these pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are so great why do you feel the need to have to prove it so many times? Let people make up their own minds...and if they dont like them, then who cares? Get over it

I am not the one starting the threads that slag them. This is the type of incubator in question, that started all the negative feedback. Yoy should read all the posts and follow the threads to understand why i posted these pictures.

I read the whole thread. Every post.. and im not talking about this thread, but the many other threads i have seen you made about this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back