Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now I am understanding. Which of these two Childrens and Spotted in more likely to retain a nice pattern.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a chart or something online that will show me each aussie native snake along with its common and scientific names.

If you don't want a big carpet for a first snake don't go for a bredli.They get pretty big...up to 10 ft.In general jungles are the smallest of the carpets with some not getting bigger than 3 ft but are also generally the snappiest.I have a few however that are as placid as they come.

I have a few different coloured Cape York carpets which range from 1.2 -2 metres full grown and would recommend a Cape York as a first snake or first carpet every time as they have beautiful tempraments and are very good looking animals that don't get quite as large as some carpets.They can also look similar to IJ's...

I've heard so many times that the Irian Jaya is basically a Northwestern. Just from another continent.

Greebo said:
Darwins can be rather cranky though
Pish posh. Check out the photos in my gallery of my 12yr old daughter holding my 6ft male darwin.quote]

That's adorable Greebs. I hadn't had alot to do with snakes until I got my M/D. Kids and snakes always makes me smile.

I am disabled physically, and she has been a perfect companion. Mainly because she doesn't talk back and i don't have to walk her. lol

Artie had made her very sociable. I don't know if it's from gentle handling or that it's her nature.

Friends have a Darwin/Proserpine and it's plain angry! I'd hold one of STPs huge hissing snakes before id hold 'Monty' the D/P.
lol - come to think of it - I'd give STP a cuddle in a flash! He doesn't bite.

MM :lol:

Hi Ellen

I'm convinced it was the gentle handling :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, Murray Darlings are known for their good nature and that would have helped. :)

if you are getting a hatchling by the time it gets to its full size you will proberly have a lot more snakes so dont let the size of what you get worry you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back