is it cruel to keep a snake in captivity?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's free all the horses being ridden...they're not naturally ridden in the wild. (Think of how many structures that would have never been built, places that would have never been explored)
Let's send all dogs and cats back to where they originated from (as I for one, sure don't want them to end up in the Aussie bush) Think about all the blind people who use dogs every day to help them get around...how much cats and dogs help in the therapy of sick people, and in the therapy for disabled/mentally challenged/incapacitated people....
Lets send all foreign birds back to their country of origin.
Lets send all the rats, mice and other rodents non native to Australia back to the countries they originated from...

I could go on and on...but there's no point...y'all get what I'm saying.

And for the record...my snake..whom I've owned since February 11th this year (2006 for those playing the home game) has not bitten, or struck out at us at all. She doesn't even 'strike' at her food!!! She will smell it, open her mouth if she wants it, and we are expected to place it in her open mouth....

Snakes can strike when stressed, or if they associate the enclosure opening with food...there are probably a few others, but I'm getting tired so I can't be bothered. I reckon a lovely warm place, no rain, no cold wind, regular food, and a cosy hidey hole would be heavenly to a snake. (I'll leave out the mating comment I was going to post- another spankable offence LOL!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back