Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxc_celly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

Im thinking about buying this hypo bredli hatchling, do you think shes a good buy at $500? Need some opinions to make up my mind. Thanks

Attachments

• FEMALE BREDLI HATCHLING.jpg
    FEMALE BREDLI HATCHLING.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 275
Depends on how much you want it!? I would pay it as she is beautiful!!

The photo is not that clear but it looks like a nice Hypo to me so i would say yeah, they usually go for more than that i think.

Yep

I would'nt let her go for $500. Get a male hypo and wait until it's breeding time. JMHO

Pretty good in my book.

$500 for a hatchie...? I wouldn't personally but if you have the cash to spare and want the animal then why not? :)

Thats a fine looking hypo. If the parents look like that then $500 is a fair price.

Where are you getting it? If you don't take it for $500 I know a few people who will (including me :) )

I think you have already made your mind up, just need someone to second it. If you have got the cash and really want it I say go for it. If it makes you happy buy it, you only live once and can't take the money with you.

Can carpets be homed together? Ive got a hypo male bredli about a month old. Shes about 3 mths old. Would they be alright inthe same enclosure together, fed seperate, climbing space, hides etc?

Thanks for that. I wasnt 100% sure. I know spotteds and things can, but wasnt sure on carpets. I think im going to get her. Ive got a male hypo, but hes not as red as this girl by far. His head and about 1/3 way down his body is orange/red but then goes a bit duller. Though the parents were both beautiful hypos. She is 3 mths soi think my male will colour up a little too. Yeah shoot ill give it a shot lol. :)

I've seen plenty of photos with up to three Bredli in the same enclosure? May even have seen some of them on this site... ?

So would they be alright together do you ppl thinK? If not why not? If i try, it how long before i should notice if something is bad? thanks

I have seen plenty of people with hatchys all living together.....

I even have 2 in the same enclosure at the moment

Matt

Housing together

IMO it is best not to house together, especially is you are an inexperienced herper.
Different sizes of snake and you could be asking for trouble.
There was a pic posted on here PJohnson of an Olive that was eating a Diamond. They had only been housed together for cleaning purposes and that's what happened.

Not worth the risk (and heartache). Breeding time "Yes".

A lot of people do house together but feed separate and that's their opinion and I guess right to do so. I guess you have to way up the risks.

We have two pair of hypo bredl's in the same enclosure......three normal ones together...and two big adults together...no problem as long as there is plenty of room for them all.
Please note that all four are yearlings....the three are all two years old...the older two are the same age as well...four I think!
So same sizes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back