Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxon

Reaction score
been wondering if she is gravid, is this a sure sign??

is this a behaviour that they only display when gravid??

yeah well its the first time I have ever seen her like that, I have my fingers crossed and any more opinionss would be apreciated.

anyone else have and breed bredli, can anyone give me an answer as i need to set up an incubator if she is

Of course she is mate, seriously you cant tell?? Either that or you have fed her a cow!

Warm up the incubator! na wait for a prey lay shed first.

just dont want to get my hopes up, Ill set it up tomorrow if you guys reckon she is for sure. I havnt fed her for like 3 months. if she takes it should i feed her? she is a bit of a pig

yes u can still feed whilst gravid she might not take it but you can still try.

re Is

pugsly said:
Of course she is mate, seriously you cant tell?? Either that or you have fed her a cow!

Warm up the incubator! na wait for a prey lay shed first.
LOLZ Pugz,yeh it looks like its eaten a cow,well and truly up the duff sax :D

if she is gravid DO NOT feed her, most pythons wont eat once gravid but the odd one will and can be very dangerous as they can get egg bound and worst case you will lose her and all the eggs.
Have a look at her vental and if it is noticably curving outwards instead of the normal flatness you can almost be certain she is gravid. her scales will start to seperate down the last third of her body as well especaily after pe-lay.

i would agree it is not necessary to feed but some animals want to continue feeding and are definately not as noticeably gravid as your pic shows.i was convinced a jungle wasn't gravid once as she ate continuously.even fed the day before she laid.no probs at all.feeding if you choose to let them maternaly incubate is another story.

I'm with Rock on this one, pump her after she's laid, god knows she'll need it. But I find the possible risk of complications when feeding my females in the later stages of being gravid is just not worth it. If she was in good condition before breeding I wouldn't worry about feeding her untill she has deposited the eggs and they are in your incubator!!!! Good luck!!

Cheers Rossco.

Rock said:-
Have a look at her vental and if it is noticably curving outwards instead of the normal flatness you can almost be certain she is gravid.
:?: Rock, do you mean vent (cloaca) or ventrals (belly scales)?

My python is also possibly gravid & I'd like to use your technique to check.

Could you please clarify & elaborate on this.

Thanks

do they show belly up before or after pre-lay shed or both, ive seen several matings between my coastals and im expecting a pre-lay in 2-3 weeks

saxon said:
just dont want to get my hopes up, Ill set it up tomorrow if you guys reckon she is for sure. I havnt fed her for like 3 months. if she takes it should i feed her? she is a bit of a pig

Does this mean if we dont think she's gravid you wont set up the incubator? :? If there's been mating the incubator should be set up well in advance, whether you know she's gravid or not.

And i wouldn't bother feeding her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back