It seems I became 'lunch' today...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustHerps

Reaction score
One of our olives (who measured 3 inches short of 8ft a few days ago) decided she was hungry this arvo...

ella.jpg

Held on for a good few minutes, wrapped a coil around her head to ensure she pushed her teeth in as far as she could get them as well lol

DSC08413s.jpg

Enjoy! I did! lol

Cheers,
Austy.

You look like your lovin' it Austy, well done, nice tag :D

lol we'll ya can't keep heaps of snakes without expecting the odd bite here and there... at least it wasn't venomous lol

Actually, that's the worst bite I've ever copped, so I'm pretty lucky :D

Cheers,
Austy.

can you see me laughing as im trying to the snake of his finger.
thanks austy,its so funny when it happens to someone else.the first thing i did was tell kaz to get out the camera.lol.thats not a smile on austies face, thats a grimace

lol, has anyone ever told you how hot you look in snake skin :p

OUCH!
I got my first bite last night.. but not as good as that one. THANKFULLY. I didn't know removing a shed from the enclosure would upset the little fella... but he obviously wanted to keep it with him a little bit longer.

Thanks for sharing. I will DEFINATELY keep my hands away from Rev's female olive (she scares me as it is with glass between us)

can you see me laughing as im trying to the snake of his finger.
thanks austy,its so funny when it happens to someone else.the first thing i did was tell kaz to get out the camera.lol.thats not a smile on austies face, thats a grimace

Hahaha yeah but it's sooo funny looking back on it now... pics or it didn't happen mate... and it's a classic shot (definately a keeper!)

ella1.jpg

I look hot in snake skin? hahaha I think she looks better with my blood smeared down her belly...

ella2.jpg

Cheers,
Austy.

We had a friend around last night and our woma decided that he looked tastey latched on and refused to let go, had to put the woma's head under running water.

We had a friend around last night and our woma decided that he looked tastey latched on and refused to let go, had to put the woma's head under running water.

We tried the water thing with a nearby watertub from the sunning bin...

ella3.jpg

Didn't work lol... she decided to let go by herself a few minutes later

Cheers,
Austy.

I have never been bitten and by the looks of that i don't want to. We have a 7" olive ourselves. Ouch! something not to look foward to.

lol, thats gold!
A mates adult olive latched onto his young kids arm and would'nt let go. they tried everything and it would'nt give, so he went to last resort and grabbed kitchen knife and started cutting of its head. cut into flesh and it dropped off, after that the gash healed up fine and carrys a small war scare.

We used running cold water from the tap, a friend of ours had to use an ice pack from her freezer when her 8ft scrub python tagged her

lol, thats gold!
A mates adult olive latched onto his young kids arm and would'nt let go. they tried everything and it would'nt give, so he went to last resort and grabbed kitchen knife and started cutting of its head. cut into flesh and it dropped off, after that the gash healed up fine and carrys a small war scare.

Jeeeze that's a tad extreme... because pythons' teeth face inwards, it's actually pretty easy to pry the head off using something like a chopstick, or ruler...

lol, thats gold!
I'd sooner chop the kids arm off than the snakes head :p
If all else fails hold the snake under a few feet of water, they have to breath at some pooint :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back