Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking_Python

Reaction score
My newly acquired 7ft Coastal Python sunk its teeth into my index and pointer finger on my right hand.
There was quite a bit of blood but the actual bite surprisingly did not hurt really.
She realesed her bite after about 2 minutes but she didn't want to give me up that easy and began tightening her grip.
I took another minute or so for me to release her coils and place her back in her enclosure.

Eventhough I got bitten, Im glad the experience happened and my wife wasn't home to see it as she would of freaked out.
I see posts and there is a bit of anxiety (including myself) over snake bites from Pythons. I totally agree from what I have read on other posts that it is the fear of the bite can be a lot worse than the bite itself. The type and size of snake needs to be taken into context as well, a bite from a Diamond python over a Scrub python etc.

After a wash and a bit of dettol my hand dosen't hurt, a few small pucture marks but they will heal quickly.
I figure I will need to use a hook to get her out of her enclosure as she is a little cage defensive.

ha ha lol maybe she was hungry?
any pics i wanna see

ha ha lol maybe she was hungry?
any pics i wanna see

I agree, it sounds like a feeding response. Welcome anyway ;)

I have only gotten tagged by my spotted so far and some little love tag's from my bredli hatchy when I first got her.
Not looking forward to the day my BHP decides to tag me or worse, get me good. But in saying that, the Bredli and Spotty tags barely hurt at all. A coastal would be a bit more of the impact rather than the bite itself I guess.

Would also like to see pics if you have any :)

When i was babysitting a friends children python, he was a bit snappy due to not being fed, so i held the pinky with a pair of chopsticks saved my fingers a few times, very snappy little thing. Guess when i get my hatchling, ill be doing the same.

I've been tagged a few times by my Jungle but she's only a yearling, would also love to see some pics of the bite/coastal :)

These threads are never any good without PICS!!!! :twisted:

Oh and definitely a feed response by the sounds of all that. My Mac pulled that with me a couple of months after I got her, I imagine a hit from a 7ft python would be a bit more impressive though.

I usually don't talk about my bites as it happens all to often, but a couple days ago I was holding one of my GTP's, I sneezed and it nailed me in the chin. I think it was my hot breath that scared it. I had a good laugh about that one.

No never had any teeth break off and no haven't needed stitches YET .Alot of puntures and some torn skin so i have been lucky .I know of a few (on here) that have faired worse from bites .The Olive has had me a few times and all have been my fault .This one was from not feeding her earlier .

I was expecting a bit more clarrot Joemal...Ive actually had a few teeth broken off in my hand after a bite,it swelled that much after 2 days then i seen my doctor in which he told me to go to hosp[ital,which they operated and removed 5teeth from my hand...

I was expecting a bit more clarrot Joemal...Ive actually had a few teeth broken off in my hand after a bite,it swelled that much after 2 days then i seen my doctor in which he told me to go to hosp[ital,which they operated and removed 5teeth from my hand...

This was only a little bite lol .When Scrubby got me the only reason she let go was because she was choking on my blood .Unreal getting 5 teeth stuck in you .I have always checked for teeth but so far i have been lucky .

You must have been lucky haha, the time's i've been bitten by my adult carpets in feed mode have HURT - especially when over boney areas like knuckles and I have a pretty good pain tolerance level. There is always local swelling and aches for at least a few hours and a massive bruise a few days later. :lol:

I got a tag from a little yearling stimmie in Amazing amazon the other day. lmao. The guy was tiny. He didn't strike. just decided to nom on my hand.

I still haven't joined the club :( Why do my snakes have to love me so much?

Joemal, I like your olive, he's half vampire :lol:

Theres a club where u go to get bittem by snakes? Intresting.., hahaha

You definitely get used to it. When I got my first tags I was like 'Quick! Get the camera!', now it's more, sit down and wait the 20 mins for him to finally stop twisting and munching and let go, mop up blood and do it all again in a few days. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back