Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jonno, ill look into wildlife carers tomorrow as i cant bear the thought of him struggling in the wild, which is why i accepted it in the first place

'Struggling'

What is wrong with it? How do you know its 'struggling'?

You obviousl don't know anything about legless lizards so how have you determined it needs to be looked after?!

your neighbour knows you like snakes and gave you a legless lizard...post pics or it didn't even happen...where have all the rules on this site gone?

NO PIX = BULLSHIP

Update, tried putting it outside & it just sat there, even when i nudged it. This is what it was doing when it was found. Lizard is in the hands of a wildcare person, who i found lived around the corner. They put it in a shoe box???? Oh well im not going to argue, they are going to see how it goes over nite to determine where to go from there- they think it has an internal injury, wonder if they can give little reptiles morphine?
Thanks for the people who tried to help, shame on the others who were nasty.
Btw, a thought for Mr. Pugsly...where do we really think that captive animals have come from?

i still remain in my thoughts that there is no need to go about life in a nasty way. What happened to people who actually CARE?
If i see something in need of help- i want to help it end of story.

Natty, people can be so cruel....

I would have put it in with your bredli... probably not big enough for a proper meal, so i would have still offered an appropriatley sized rodent... and a dose of wormout!

LOL Some might say so.

What you obviously don't realise is BELIEVE IT OR NOT most of the skits he did with WILD reptiles, were in fact his own!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Just let the little thing go....

If your friend or neighbour has collected it from the wild its illegal, as you know. They eat insects, arthropods and small skinks in the wild however just dumping these in a tank with an animal is not feeding. Like wild skinks etc human contact is very frightening and having the animal in some terrible tank with poor conditions is not going to help it feed. For starters most legless lizards are burrowers... and need soil and leaf litter not news paper etc like snakes.. plus your snake will eat it so keep it FAR FAR FAR from any snake. Even suggesting that you keep it with a snake suggests you dont have the knowledge to properly care for the little guy. Chances are if your friend/neighbour has just picked this animal up and "tried" to look after it than the animal has probably not fed in some time, probably not had any water either. Like other reptiles assuming it was in good condition when found they can go for a little while (few weeks) without a feed but if it hasnt had a feed in quite sometime (likey the length of time the guy has had it) then it could be in trouble. LET IT GO!!! AND NOW!!! somewhere where its not going to be picked up again... out in the bush with water and food... or at least where it was found. I know carers etc will frequently euthanaise injured or sick animals but often this is best as it save the animal from slowly starving to death or dehydrating or getting sicker.

Steve Irwin prob had a licence to capture and release reptiles. i guessing he did i dont think he wouldnt have.
and i dont belive it, no way he owns those reptiles there are plenty of wildlife tv shows were they do that but i dont think steve done it (only in the movie)

ha just posted that long thread and didnt see the update.... I walked away mid way...ah well...least its with a carer...

crims

No. People who take things from the wild and determine they are 'sick' are criminals. 'Carers' are qualified reptile keepers who have the knowledge and experience to nurse or RELEASE animals back the wild.

People who think that you can house one with a Bredli are criminals.

Put it back.
hey pugsly,does that mean i should take my gtp out of my bhp cage ???

Right here's my spin on things, and Natty, choose what you do with my thoughts...

1) It is illegal to remove animals (native) from the wild regardless if they're hurt.

2) It is a very caring thing you have tried to do, but apparently illegal.

3) A vet, wildlife carer or representative from the EPA would have a better idea of what to do in this situation than people on this site who are not wildlife carers. However, on this site there are many wildlife carers, I suggest you listen to them.

4) The legless lizard doesn't care who makes it better - you can't be a hero. We all like a happy ending.

I myself rescued a kookaburra which had taken a nasty fall. Well, I did the right thing at the time - I called the wildlife carers to come and pick it up. To be honest at first I thought it was a frogmouth so I was on the phone to magpie (an APS member) as quick as I could because he'd know what to do... He gave me the number to call, i did... 7 minutes 42 seconds later a man with a cage was there picking up the injured kookaburrah and took it straight to a vet!

That is wildlife caring!

i still remain in my thoughts that there is no need to go about life in a nasty way. What happened to people who actually CARE?
If i see something in need of help- i want to help it end of story.

Natty, now that you've made it clear that it was a sick animal I'll applaud your efforts in trying to help the little guy. I've also re-read the earlier posts and there was nothing clearly stated that showed that the animal was potentially injured.

Perhaps next time you would get a better response from the start by beginning with "I was handed a legless lizard who seems very unresponsive and potentially sick....". Much of the advice would be the same, you do need a carers license to care for injured wildlife. However the sarcasm that is invoked by a post saying "I just caught a wild lizard, how do I keep it?" would have been avoided.

Just a thought.

I most certainly wanted to be nasty but I have only just got out of my infraction... so I was caring... understand... nice type.... Just like Lucas said, you were wrong :p

Anyhow, so long now you've done the right thing we can all be happy... And as chimera said if you wanted a good response then you would have asked a good question... instead you heard what you didn't want to hear so you threw your toys out of the cot...

Please respond by telling us you've done the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back