Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what exactly is wrong with it and what species it is? (sorry if thats a dumb question i couldnt think of anything abusive ;) )

It is perfectly legal in qld to keep an injured/seriously ill animal for up to 3 days to give you time to work out what is in its best interests, apply to keep it yourself or to give it to a carer(the later 2 options are generally not the best IMO). I think its great that you have had good intentions and you are not breaking the law in anyway.
Earlier in the year i was given an orphaned possum, looking at the cute little thing i got the whole "warm fuzzy" BS happening and instead of doing the right thing and euthanaising it i took it to the vet so some one could raise it amongst ppl before introducing it back into a massive population of possums where it will no doubt quickly die. Looking back it was clearly the wrong thing to do.

i think Jonno has really summed up the reality of the situation very well.

G'day Natty,

Quite a lot of people disagree with the work wildlife carers do, as it compromises many important aspects in the balance of nature. Local populations can be displaced, exotic diseases can be transfered, animals lose their fear of humans etc etc. I am of the opinion that if an animals comes into captivity for any amount of time, that it should remain in captivity or be euthanised.

With regards to your little legless friend, it is best if you either release him or contact the EPA tomorrow.

Take care,

Jonno

PMSL Bulldog...

Yeah.. Will be quite the expensive meal..

Let me come over and we can take betson WHO WILL WIN! BHP V GTP!

Maybe the lizard was stunded - thts why it wouldnt have left you straight away. If it was me, I would put it in the garden and just left it alone.

dont go nudging it, cause tht will jst put more stress on the little thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back