Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no i had the plastic tub towards the middle of the enclosure so that it wassn't directly under the lights, she is at the vet atm just waiting on a phone call to let me know whats wrong and whether they can help her or not, im hoping they can, she wasn't very good wen i took her in this morning, last night she could still hold her head up but this morning she couldn't she was totally limp! hoping for the best tho!

some pics of the coastal i got off them b4 i took it back because of mites...

Attachments

• random pics 026.jpg
    random pics 026.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 178
  • random pics 027.jpg
    random pics 027.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 157
  • random pics 022.jpg
    random pics 022.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 167
Thats a nice looking coastal also. I hope the vet can help with your little darwin, cause it sounds like it definately wasnt stress i have a little coastal atm that got stressed out really bad but i put him in a smaller enclosure and he since came good. but hopefully they can work out wat is wrong with yours and make him better fingers crossed for you..... i mean it's not like you haven't got enuff on your hands with a new born. :s

Either, ur very lucky, or that is one tuff snake :)
Most cases of poisoning, die within atleast 24 hours. Maybe she didn't consume enough to kill her. But im happy for you she's ok :) now the hard part is getting her on the mend! good luck

i had the vet ring me, they were giving her warm bath to try and get any chemicals off her, but she said it was probably too late as they would have absorbed into her by now and was ringing a few reptile vets to see wat she can do to help her! she said she wasn't looking too good but at least shes still got a heartbeat!

That sucks when you here that. but i would be goin back to the pet shop you got her from even if she lives and gettin your money back you are always better off buying direct from a breeder. you won't pay anywhere near as much and breeders usually know about snakes and aren't just there to make a profit.

I hope it gets better but it doesn't sound good. Did you ring the shop and tell them whats happened? they should offer to pay the vet bill for you and they might want to talk to the vet as well.

one other thing, you will have to treat the enclosure for mites now as well, because if you found mites on your first python you took back there will be more and now they will be in your enclosure

hey there

can you do all us Vic people a favour and let us know what shop you got this animal from because imho this is a disgrace, first mites (thats bloody bad enough, imagine if you had a large collection) and now they poison the new one!!! Are you 100% sure it is infact a new snake?? Could it be the old one that they treated??

I would be fronting the pet store asap and getting my money back and make sure you get a receipt from the vet and a vet report stating the problem and treatment if they try to put it back on you then dont take there crap, they will probably try and get out of giving your money back with offering a new python, personally i would not take this option get your money back and buy something off a decent breeder!!!

i know there are site rules in regards to naming shops but as long as its pure fact backed up by a vet report then i cant see why we cant let other people know the name of pet stores that do this sort of thing!!

Hey Jess, Ihope it all works out for you and the little guy.

If I could offer some other advice on the side. From looking at the pics of your enclosure, you havnt got any cages over the lights. I strongly recommend you put cages on the heat lights and the uv.

I'd hate to see the little one recover but only to cut /burn it self coiling around the globes.

Cheers

just had the vet ring, shes still not good but is a little better her heart rate is stable, and she said that wen u stroke her, her muscles move they also injected her with fluids as well as orally, she said she rang the shop also and they told her that wat they sprayed on her they spray on all the reptiles and have never had any problems, but she said by the sounds of it, that is wat caused this, and said that maybe she is one of few that cant tolerate the chemicals? and i will be getting cages for the lights.

That's complete bullcrap - chemicals have the same effect on every animal. If I sprayed one of my birds with a mite spray, and it got sick, I wouldn't go ahead and spray the other thinking it was because the first couldn't "Tolerate" the chemicals. It's good to hear she's recovering, and I hope for the best *fingers crossed.* I'd ring the petshop and rip into them though; they need to take responsibility for their animals, and offer a solution - to replace her (if the worst happens) or give a total refund.

but she also said u have to be more careful with juvies? thats wat i thought, not just go sprayin away!!

Why even spray an animal??? when my reptiles get mites, i use betadine and dishwashing liquid. I don't bother going out buying special chemicals, becasue i know that i some way they can be extremely dangerous. I'd say try and get that pet store closed down, people like that shouldn't be running a store. Hope again the news gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back