Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here are some photos from a recent shoot of some of my beloved pets. Enjoy!

© Shannon Plummer. All rights reserved.

Ridge-tail Monitor (Varanus acanthurus), also known as the Spiny-tailed Monitor.

First two shots are PJ, male. Last three shots are Smiley, female. Both almost 2yo.

_SPP1432.jpg

_SPP1458.jpg

_SPP1381.jpg

_SPP1357.jpg

_SPP1371.jpg

Central Netted Dragon (Ctenophorus nuchalis), native to arid regions of Central Australia.

This individual is a male. You may recognize Raja - he's a cover star several times over
and always appears in my articles on Central Netted Dragon care. He turned 5yo last month!

_SPP1408.jpg

_SPP1414.jpg

Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps), also known as the Inland Bearded Dragon. Males.

Don't let the appearance of these males concern you, they are both rescues and now in excellent health.

Luka, now almost 1yo suffered an injury to his arm at a very young age and came into my care.
He still has feeling and substantial movement and uses it to walk and arm wave.

_SPP1402.jpg

_SPP1393.jpg

Kami came into my care about a year ago when he was listless and unable to lift his tale in
the unlikely event of walking. It took over 8 months of continuous care such as force feeding,
supplements, reptile probiotics and the correct lighting to transform him into the stunning
animal he is today.

He suffered several injuries prior to care such as losing a foot, major scar to the shoulder,
a chunk missing from the end of his tail and a noticeable under-bite from Metabolic Bone Disease
due to lack of UV light, Vitamin D3 and calcium. When he first came into care he was completely
grey and lackluster - not anymore! He now eats by himself and spends much of his day head
bobbing and showing his impressive black beard. He is estimated to be around 3-4yo.
And yes, he really is that colour!

_SPP1303.jpg

_SPP1310.jpg

Centralian Carpet Python (Morelia bredli). Also known as Bredl's python,
Centralian python, Centralian carpet python.

This is Rocco, he is 4 months old.

_SPP1250.jpg

Last edited:
I love the Bredli pic too, would love some like that of my girl

hi just was wondering if the netted is still breeding? my male turned 5 this year and he still chases the girls around.

I really like the pics of the bearded's that second guy looks like he has some spunk in him :)
But I'm a sucker for an underdog

Photo shoot in Melbourne - Anyone interested?

I'd love to see what the interest is in Melbourne if I were to come down to shoot?
I'd consider offering 30min sessions for $150. That includes copies of the photos emailed as digital files (print quality). I retain copyright of all my images (to on sell if necessary) and as such you can use them for personal use only and not sell or profit from them in any way. If posting publicly a photo credit would also be necessary. This would not be a 'commercial' shoot - images not to be used for promotional purposes etc. I will quote such jobs separately.

Ideal scenario would be setting up a 'studio' at a central location (reptile shop?) and you come to me. Background paper is changed every shoot or even each animal if preferred. Vens only considered if/when location is booked and tenant comfortable with such a scenario.

Let me know your thoughts. I'd consider the trip with a min. 10 pre-booked shoots, preferably more. 1 day only. Images could also be bought as prints, cards, custom books, calendars and more online as well.

Message me if interested.

Absolutely, that's all he has on his mind! 8 eggs in the incubator now, more expected soon.

hi just was wondering if the netted is still breeding? my male turned 5 this year and he still chases the girls around.

Me too! Kami has turned around in the last few months. I thought he may always be the one that just wasn't interested in eating or basking but he made an amazing transition which seemed all of a sudden and now I can't stop him - he's hyperactive and making up for years of neglect. He certainly has character and he's terribly adorable - melts my heart every day!

I really like the pics of the bearded's that second guy looks like he has some spunk in him :)
But I'm a sucker for an underdog

May I also suggest that people who know my scope of work understand this isn't 'all I do' and as such wouldn't be 'all they get'. Feel free to check out my websites - I'm sure you'll have plenty more to critique then - feel free to message me your very constructive comments, I have all the time in the world - not being a working photographer and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously what's so good about a white background?

In all fairness, as well as the white background she also uses a graphics package to enhance the colours and she does get the pictures in focus, something many people are unable to do.

May I also suggest that people who know my scope of work understand this isn't 'all I do' and as such wouldn't be 'all they get'. Feel free to check out my websites - I'm sure you'll have plenty more to critique then - feel free to message me your very constructive comments, I have all the time in the world - not being a working photographer and all.

I'm curious! What else do you do? Other than the photography, what do people get for their $150?

I'm curious! What else do you do? Other than the photography, what do people get for their $150?

The background isn't the subject of the photo IMHO, probably why I've enjoyed taking all the colour out of some of my latest shots.

I love your work Shannon, good to see someone with 2 passions working hand in hand like this. I saw your recent article in Scales & Tails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you're right Sdaji, they are in focus.

But here is a shot stright off the camera hasn't gone near a editing program (well I lie, it got resized) Can't say I'm drawn to the background by all means.
tn_IMG_0358.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back