Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious! What else do you do? Other than the photography, what do people get for their $150?

Well I can't sing - but I can dance . . . :p

Yes, it should be understood that I don't simply take a photo and post it. I have professional equipment/travel costs plus time in post-production of images in three separate programs to bring out the best in the images including chromatic aberration, reducing noise/artifacts, lens correction etc. I approach my pet photography the same way I do my commercial photography - that all takes time and provides high quality images that will reproduce well enlarged etc.

I'm simply searching for expressions of interest at this stage and have various coloured backgrounds and reflection effects such as those seen in my 'ORDER:SQUAMATA' series.

Depending on how many animals people wanted to squeeze into that 30mins would determine how many shots of each animal they would get, one animals would equal several different shots, five animals might equal two or three shots each etc. If the client wanted to include something else in the shots as a novelty, that they bring themselves, no problem.

I have a certain style of photography and while I do shoot nature, wildlife and travel images, that isn't what I'm offering here and providing 'simulated' environments to shoot on for several clients over the course of a day would not only be very time consuming and expensive it would also be unhygienic. I'm more than happy to quote such jobs independently though.

I'm not running a charity No-two - I run a business, several in fact and that takes money - plain and simple. You obviously wouldn't pay for my services so you're not my target market - simple.

No-two: a good picture often takes a while to get, and not everyone can take a good picture, not even a lot of professional photographers.

dont worry shannon, your photos are awesome!
and i can see $150 for half hour shoot as reasonable.....

Thanks guys.

I'd like to keep sharing my images with you. I know some people on this site do appreciate and enjoy them. For those with only rude comments feel free to save your energy.

I guess you're right Sdaji, they are in focus.

But here is a shot stright off the camera hasn't gone near a editing program (well I lie, it got resized) Can't say I'm drawn to the background by all means.
tn_IMG_0358.jpg

Sweetie...that ain't all in focus!

love the breeding video of the netteds. Is there any chance of getting a shot of a heavly gravid netted? Or just her belly because mine are fat but im not sure if there fat or gravid.

WOW very nice!!!

i tried to take some pics of one of my lil buggers the other day she wouldn't stay still for 5 secs and then she ended up on top of the camara and i gave up

how to you get these animals to behave and 'pose' lol

Hi Shannon,

Love your images. Been seeing them more and more in magazines of late. I was checking out your venomous snake folio and wondered how you managed it.

WOW very nice!!!

i tried to take some pics of one of my lil buggers the other day she wouldn't stay still for 5 secs and then she ended up on top of the camara and i gave up

how to you get these animals to behave and 'pose' lol

I have had the same problem. Ever try to get a good shot of a leopard gecko? Its easier to catch a lightening strike! They have the attention spans of crickets!

Beautiful shots, Shannon. Absolutely amazing!

Thanks guys!

One simple thing - lots and lots of patience!! These particular shots we done by myself since they're my animals. I position and reposition and try to get shots in when I can. My client shots obviously have the added advantage of the owner/handler present to help position and keep them on the studio setup while I concentrate on taking the images.

Sometimes I keep a familiar hide out of frame so if the animal feels stressed it can run into its hide and calm down for a while, then I'll take it off and start shooting again. The monitor shots show the hide I had on set which I incorporated into several of the shots since they loved climbing all over it!

As for vens, there was an experienced handler on set who I could ask to do things and I just have to keep in mind that I can't get as close as I do with the non-vens. I don't have a death wish!

Here are some shots from my latest shoot - not my animals this time. I have added my original post at the end of this too so you can see the images that started the thread which was mainly lizards. Enjoy!

© Shannon Plummer. All rights reserved.

Coastal or Eastern Carpet Python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) native to Eastern Australia.
This individual is hypomelanistic meaning it has reduced black pigment.

SPP_1561.jpg

Coastal or Eastern Carpet Python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) native to Eastern Australia.
The individual on top is normal coloration while the individual on the bottom is hypomelanistic meaning it has reduced black pigment.

SPP_1570.jpg

Jungle Python (Morelia spilota cheynei) is a non-venomous python subspecies native to Australia.

SPP_1539.jpg

SPP_1542.jpg

Woma Python (Aspidites ramsayi), Tanami locality.
A non-venomous python found in Australia. Listed as Endangered by IUCN 2.3.

SPP_1641.jpg

Here are some photos from a recent shoot of some of my beloved pets. Enjoy!

© Shannon Plummer. All rights reserved.

Ridge-tail Monitor (Varanus acanthurus), also known as the Spiny-tailed Monitor.

First two shots are PJ, male. Last four shots are Smiley, female. Both almost 2yo.

_SPP1432.jpg

_SPP1458.jpg

_SPP1381.jpg

_SPP1357.jpg

_SPP1378.jpg

_SPP1371.jpg

Central Netted Dragon (Ctenophorus nuchalis), native to arid regions of Central Australia.

This individual is a male. You may recognize Raja - he's a cover star several times over
and always appears in my articles on Central Netted Dragon care. He turned 5yo last month!

_SPP1408.jpg

_SPP1414.jpg

Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps), also known as the Inland Bearded Dragon. Males.

Don't let the appearance of these males concern you, they are both rescues and now in excellent health.

Luka, now almost 1yo suffered an injury to his arm at a very young age and came into my care.
He still has feeling and substantial movement and uses it to walk and arm wave.

_SPP1402.jpg

_SPP1393.jpg

Kami came into my care about a year ago when he was listless and unable to lift his tale in
the unlikely event of walking. It took over 8 months of continuous care such as force feeding,
supplements, reptile probiotics and the correct lighting to transform him into the stunning
animal he is today.

He suffered several injuries prior to care such as losing a foot, major scar to the shoulder,
a chunk missing from the end of his tail and a noticeable under-bite from Metabolic Bone Disease
due to lack of UV light, Vitamin D3 and calcium. When he first came into care he was completely
grey and lackluster - not anymore! He now eats by himself and spends much of his day head
bobbing and showing his impressive black beard. He is estimated to be around 3-4yo.
And yes, he really is that colour!

_SPP1303.jpg

_SPP1310.jpg

Centralian Carpet Python (Morelia bredli). Also known as Bredl's python,
Centralian python, Centralian carpet python.

This is Rocco, he is 4 months old.

_SPP1250.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back