Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon, you're photos are amazing. I always look forward to seeing new ones! Photography is a very keen hobby of mine-love taking pics of our reps-but not quite as good as yours! :D I'd love to be able to take shots like that, white background and all!! :lol::lol:

Hi shannon, would you be keen on coming to sydney? central coast actually? and if i organised another two people also had there animals photographed, have you done instances such as this? it takes alot of time and passion to build a buisness on somthing you love. i am jealous but also very impressed with the outstanding effort your putting out.

Shannon, As always your photos are truly amazing. You're not one to dissappoint!! That beautiful photo of Pedro you sent me still hangs on my living room wall taking pride of place ( I never get sick of telling his story to those that ask). I must say that 2nd shot of little Raja is something! - He really knows how to 'work' the camera doesn't he? And that photo you added of that gorgeous Woma playing hide'n'seek was awesome. Thank you for showing us some more of your beautiful artwork, I regularly check out your work on 'redbubble' to see what's new. Ignore those who don't have the decency to contribute anything worthwhile, as you know in yourself that your artwork is truly amazing. ;)

OMG! Thats making me want an ackie as bad now!!!!Thanks for sharing! Wish i could get some good pictures of some south western Carpet Pythons( M.Spilota Imbricata)

Thanks - I'm so glad you love the shot of Pedro. He holds a very special place in my heart. I hope I get back over to the Blue Iguanas again next year . . .

Shannon, As always your photos are truly amazing. You're not one to dissappoint!! That beautiful photo of Pedro you sent me still hangs on my living room wall taking pride of place ( I never get sick of telling his story to those that ask). I must say that 2nd shot of little Raja is something! - He really knows how to 'work' the camera doesn't he? And that photo you added of that gorgeous Woma playing hide'n'seek was awesome. Thank you for showing us some more of your beautiful artwork, I regularly check out your work on 'redbubble' to see what's new. Ignore those who don't have the decency to contribute anything worthwhile, as you know in yourself that your artwork is truly amazing. ;)

Last edited:
Shoots in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane

I'm looking for expressions of interest from keepers who want their animals photographed as per my earlier post (see details below). Cities I'm seeking interest from are -

Sydney 1 day only. Min. 10 pre-bookings
Melbourne 1 day only. Min. 10 pre-bookings

I'm offering 30min sessions for $150.

Brisbane See my website for shoot costs & details.

Includes copies of the photos emailed or posted on CD as digital files (print quality). Images are for personal use only not 'commercial' use - images not to be used for resale or profited from etc. I do quote commercial jobs so if that's your intention message me with details.

Shoot options include white, black or coloured backgrounds. Some of my shots are included below as samples otherwise visit my websites to see more of my work.

www.shannonplummerphotography.com
www.wetnosefotos.com

Max. 3 reptiles per 30mins per customer. Customers can book longer sessions for more animals if necessary. Amphibians and other small animals also welcome.

Dogs and Cats also welcome but limited to 2 animals per 30min - depending on training they usually take longer. I'd need to be pre-warned for dogs & cats since I have to set up a larger additional studio area.

Ideal scenario would be setting up a 'studio' at a central location (reptile/pet shop?) and you come to me. Background papers changed every shoot or even each animal if preferred. Vens only considered if/when location is booked and tenant comfortable with such a scenario.

spp1.jpg

spp2.jpg

spp3.jpg

583794-5-order-squamata-lizards-7.jpg

1210647-1-australian-green-tree-fro.jpg

1210670-1-australian-green-tree-fro.jpg

Thanks - I'm so glad you love the shot of Pedro. He holds a very special place in my heart. I hope I get back over to the Blue Iguanas again next year . . .

'love' would be an understatement! I only wish that I could accompany you next year!! Now that would have to be an awesome experience. Might have to make the trek down to Brissie - I'd love to get some nice shots of my reps - Pebbles included!

Shannon

I think your photos are stunning; beautifully lit, great detail throughout and all the critical areas in sharp focus.

I've watched a couple of pro photographers work and they make it look so easy...but when it comes to repeating that myself I have been dismally dissapointed with my results. I think the hardest part of photography is the lighting, not just getting something well lit but giving something atmosphere. As well as being great herp shots yours are also pieces of art.

Generally a lot of work goes into a photo nowdays well beyond just taking it. If you don't have the experience to pretty well nail the shot first up it can mean hours in photoshop!(at least that's how it is for me). Any mug can get a shot but to get in there and get great shots first up really takes a pro.

I understand coloured or white backgrounds aren't for everyone but it does give you the opportunity to extract the animal easily and put it over something else later. Setting up naturalistic backgrounds is very time consuming and like you say not very hygenic when swapping between collections.

From my understanding of commercial photographers I think your fees are reasonable.

Good luck

Thanks Saratoga,

You're right - lighting is a crucial aspect and beyond that knowing your equipment. That knowledge allows one to replicate a quality and style of shot on demand and in various environments - that's what makes a professional photographer. Everything about the image is a decision made by the photographer reflected in every setting used on the camera.

Many people can get wonderful shots from the point and shoot cameras, that is great but the camera is doing all the thinking so when it comes to consistency the user has no control over replicating that image in different light or on a different day. That is why a professional photographer is worth the money they charge - they can make the best of any situation because they know what to tell the camera to do. Then add to that - creativity and vision - that's the priceless part.

While I understand it seems like a lot of money to some people - it's actually very reasonable compared to what I usually charge and especially since travel and post-production is involved. While I could quite easily give people images straight off the camera and they'd most likely be thrilled with them - I'm a perfectionist. I have a 9 year graphic design background and I want to bring the absolute best out of an image - one that is commercial production quality whether it's simply for the owner or for an advertising campaign. That is why I win international photographic awards year after year. I take great pride in my work and as such people don't see the work that goes into the images after the shoot. On top of that I have the cost of expensive equipment that I continually upgrade, software costs, storing thousands of client images + several backups including the cost of online secure storage, image transfer and filing time - it all adds up!

At the end of the day you as the client get memorable professional photos of your beloved pets which last a lifetime - money well spent in my opinion. :)

Those ackies are out of control Shannon.. They are just great. If the two I'm buying are anything like that, I will be VERY happy.

photos

Hi Shannon, They are the most beautiful photos, thanks for posting them, the injured beardies bring tears to my eyes..I love em...

Love your work...

Barry
ozzieimages.com

Wow, thank you so much Barry - I really appreciate your support and very kind words.

Hi Shannon, They are the most beautiful photos, thanks for posting them, the injured beardies bring tears to my eyes..I love em...

Love your work...

Barry
ozzieimages.com

lovely work shannon, if i had any spare cash i'd certainly want to get our shingles & bredli photographed but things are a bit tight at the moment!
$150 is a totally reasonable price though. hope you get some interest from other folks, could be some profitable day trips for you!

Shannon, are those ackies from the contact you gave me? I hope so, as I'll be getting two off him and would love to have them turn out like yours!

that look really nice i just got a starshots photes done with my snake and they took the nicest pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back