Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arg thats a toughy, baby is even harder very small can fit into many small spaces! hopefully it hasn't ended up in the central heating or something like that! check in places that are warm and dark, under/around the fridge/freezer.

best of luck

Andrew

Seal all exits, turn the heat up, turn all the lights off then every 15 mins check every room and see if you can spot him. You can also put a couple of dead mice in the middle of each room, that might bring him out into your view.

try putting a few plastic bags on the floor in the room the snake escaped in, make sure the room is quiet and very dark (do it at night) . If you hear the bags moving then turn on the light and have a check to see if its the snake. I was told that pythons are most active at around 1-3am. Put lots of little hide boxes around the place and check them twice a day. Have a look on and in the TV, fridge, closets, computer, behinds anything that backs onto a wall and just check everywhere. Good luck and I hope you find him/her.

i lost my juvy water python for a while...decided to use his enclosure for a jungle,well i got a surprise to find the water python in with the jungle a week later...
turns out the water python had found his way into the ballast that holds the uv tube
he was there all along
duh,,,live and learn huh :)

I lost my Shu a few months back (teeny tiny female childreni). She turned up happy and healthy two nights ago! I've heard similar stories about months passing, hope being lost then the snake suddenly turning up again from others aswell. I hope you find her asap, however don't give up hope.

There are some fantastic suggestions here. All I can add is to look and look in the smallest spots. I have two yearling intergrades who get out on a fairly regular basis and they always tend to go vertically, rather than horizontally. So perhaps check up on top of tall furniture and stuff like that. Also, some like to jam themselves in between the wall and the back of a flat piece of furniture like a book case. They can travel up and down this way.

If you suddenly notice the birds outside congregating in the one spot and kicking up a real stick, check it out quickly!

Goodluck, Garlo. I really feel for you. It's so distressing to lose them, isn't it.

I suggest putting some fine sand around the borders of your rooms if you have tiles so u may be able to see if it has crossed it. Carpeting would be a different story of course...look in amongst books on bookcases, set a few carboard boxes as hides around with a dead mouse in it...keep trying you will find him. Fingers crossed for u mate!

I lost a very nasty water python 2 nights ago due to me braking the door on an enclosure on not fixing it properly. (door is fixed now)

The 1500mm long water pyhton didn't even leave the room. I found it 2 days later behind the other enclosures in the same room.

They are hard little buggers to find, but are shy little creatures that like tight small places (as you know). Chances are he isnt far away, just hard as hell to find. Look where it would be warm.

Good luck

garlo, the best advice i can give is not give up. My boyfriend brought me a baby bredli for my birthday, but four days later he got out between the two pieces of glass. I looked around the room and thought there was nooooooooo way i was going to find him, but after 3 hours of pulling the lounge room apart piece by piece my neighbours son found him in a box i have under my computer desk that is just full of cords and cd cases and basically just crap that i have no where for but dont want to throw out. So good luck keep searching, it will turn up in the most unlikely of places :)
cheers
lisa

I know my wife, aka trader, had problems responding to this thread but I can guess what she was trying to say.

(She has a knack when it comes to finding escapees.)

Look UP! They like to climb and for some reason tend to gavitate to the highest point. Over the years we have had a handful of smaller snakes try to do a runner and they have all been found at head height or higher.

--
Herp Shop - http://www.herpshop.com.au
Make a herper friend very happy this Christmas with
10% off all Barefoot Bushman DVD's at the Herp Shop
BushTucker.gif
SolCroc.gif

I recently lost a yearling Stimsoni, and found it two days later in a desk drawer only a few feet from the tank. We had searched through the drawer previosuly and did not see it, and when we did find it we opened the drwer to get a pen out, and there he was.

We did try the other methods of leaving food out, his hide boxes were placed around the room, and I was getting up in the very early hours with a torch searching.

Just keep looking in the area and it will turn up eventually.

Mate my Mac has escaped twice the first time I found her in the central heating vent about 2 foot from her enclosure after a few hours the second times was after 10 days holidays in QLD I found her tucked up behind the TV amongst some DVD and VIDS. If this helps.

My girl escaped at the start of the year and was MIA for nearly 4 weeks. Found her in the skylight in the laundry after seeing a number 2 on the floor.

good luck finding her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back