Mac Herps Show - 30 March - Bigger & Better

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well folks, Mac Herps are once again holding their annual reptile show. It will be run along similar lines as last year. We will have trade exhibits, display animals, anmials for sale (between herp club members only), talks and even animal demonstrations.

This year we have moved the venue to Centennial Stadium, right next to Minto Train Station, Minto in the south west of Sydney. Centennial Stadium is a complex of 4 basketball courts in 2 halls with a mezzanine level overlloking all the courts. All up we have an area of 2,500 square metres!!!!

So that means there wil be more animals to show and more trade displays. There will be kids face painting, a lucky door prizer and of course Prize Money!!!!!

Details are as follows:

Cost to enter animals: $20 and you get a t shirt (as many animals as you want and the total cost is $20)

Cost to sell animals: Up to 10 animals: $10 and you get 1 table
11 - 30 animals: $20 and you get 2 tables
over 30 animals $50 and you get 3 tables

Trade displays: 12 square metre displays: $200
36 square metre displays $500

Entry fees: Adults $20, children (under 16) $10 and families (2 adults & 3 kids) $25

Hygiene Protocol: We will be adopting the same hygiene protocol as last year to the animal hall
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/hygiene-protocol-for-herp-shows-47708

This show will be huge.

And we have taken notice of the suggestions that have been offered after last years show at http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/mac-herps-show-suggestions-49363

* We are hiring temporary fencing to keep the punters away from the animals
* We are holding the show later in the year in a more temperature friendly environment
* We dont have control over the animals that people show but we expect vens this year
* There will be more pens and pencils around for voting
* the hall is about 3 times as big so we will be more spread out
* No click clacks as display enclosures
* We will do the voting before lunch time and show the ribbons

Now - anyone wanna volunteer to help out on the day?

do u have the be a member of mac herps to enter reptiles i have a few i would like to enter

oh bugger. looks like i;ll have to wait till next yr maybe.i;ll definatly be there tho can;t wait.and have some money to spend for a new herp

Looks really good.
Why is the sale of animals between herp club members only ?

NPWS Rule I think.

You know Ill be there pete.

I think I have 200 posters sitting here ready to go! lol.....

Its a top day, and if you didnt come last year make sure your there this year!

So if I form the 'Herpy Reptile Club' , sign another person to it & print-up a little membership card,
can I purchase an animal then ?

I'm in Pete.

Can you PM me your number, I need to give you a call.

Kane

So if I form the 'Herpy Reptile Club' , sign another person to it & print-up a little membership card,

Yes mate, as long as your unincorporated association is recognised by NPWS as a Herp Society you are in. After all, there have been a couple of new herp societies formed in the last twelve months (NRKA & Snake Ranch) and we would accept their members.

Also 'Illawarra Reptile Society Inc.'...formerly known as 'South Coast Herpetological Society'..

I think membership of this forum counts anyway as it's a recognised herp group

Bump - (it appears that I will have to cancel the show to get people to keep this thread at the top)

Oh no!!! Your not cancelling the show as well are you Pete....... :D:D:D:D:D

i will definatley be there. i want to become a member where can i get the form. and i might enter one of my herps where can i get the forms. cheers. pete

i will definatley be there. i want to become a member where can i get the form. and i might enter one of my herps where can i get the forms. cheers. pete

Downlad a form from the macherp site, posted in and we will sign you up.

Pablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back