Macherps 2009 Reptile Show

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Below is a list of all animals been sold at the show. The list will increase.

Knob-Tailed Geckos
Spiny Knob-tailed Geckos
Smooth Knob-tailed Geckos
Coastal Carpets

Spotted Pythons
Children's Pythons
Black-headed Pythons
Olive Pythons
Centralian Carpet Pythons
Hypo Centralian
Caramel Python
Blonde Macs

Baby Longneck Turtles
Baby Macquarie Turtles
Baby Saw-shell Turtles

Pygmy Beardeds
Bearded Dragons

Rats Various Sizes Frozen and live

Yes you do need to be a member of a herp society. This is not our rule but the Department's.

sorry but since when do we have to be part of a society to purchase a reptile? or is this just because trade at the show is only allowed between society members?

sorry but since when do we have to be part of a society to purchase a reptile? or is this just because trade at the show is only allowed between society members?

I wanted to ask the same question. I remember reading years ago on NPWS that they 'advised' you to join a reptile club but it wasn't mandatory. I haven't checked out what has changed since though. So i'm guessing too that it's an issue with trading at shows? I have purchased reptiles personally from breeders properties, not from shows though and this has never been brought up.

Sorry to say Peter but it says NO where on my licence anything about having to be a member of a society to purchase or sell reptiles at a "show". The only thing relating to such a subject is:
condition 8 " This licence does not authorise commercial trade in fauna or dealing in fauna as defined in the Act under the definition of fauna dealer. The licensee shall not advertise for the disposal or acquisition of protected fauna the subject of this licence, except in a publication of a society of keepers of fauna authorised to be held under this licence of which the licensee is a member."

If you are a member of an online forum such as this one it neatly fits into DECC policy. It has done for some time. Thats how APS, a Sydney based forum is able to have advertising.
So if you are a member of APS, ARK or ARS that will qualify you. Unless DECC wants to quibble.

Yes you do need to be a member of a herp society. This is not our rule but the Department's. Membership costs $15 and can be completed at the show on the day.

And no, being a member of APS does not comply with the Department's requirements.

I checked my licence last night. It doesn't say I need to be a member of a society to buy at a society show.

Can you explain this any more? Shouldn't the only restriction be that you have the appropriate licence? How is this any different to making an arrangement to sell the herp later that night when the show is closed, I only need my licence then.

Its a technical point that you can all discuss with the department when they pick you up for not being a member. Last year we fought some technical battles regarding this and other matters such as displaying class 2 animals and elapids. You will note that other shows are not actually even selling animals. When NPWS approved our show they stated clearly that trade could only occur between club members. We questined "club" and they allowed it be be any club. The rules really relate more to sellers than buyers (see conditin 1 on your licence regarding advertising and removing animals from yoru premises) but the concern of the department is that if we allow sales to the public then we are in effect trading commercially. A fine line but do you want to risk your licence because you don't want to give a non profit club $15 to help promote the herp cause???

how long will it take to sign up on the day and what do you need to bring to buy reptiles? whole license book?

do you guys still need help to set up and pack up? Mr becs and i can help out for a few hours.

i really want to go, it is at the end of my street pretty much so would be stupid if i dont make it but i am going out sat night so i have to travel from cammary :(

Pablo, Who is selling the Caramel carpets?? I was under the impression that only SXR had them and that they only just releasd their first pair in the last month or so. Then they said they would not be releasing any more until they are next bred this coming season...

Have the entries already closed to enter the show for the under 17's?
:D

Have the entries already closed to enter the show for the under 17's?
:D

i'd imagine so. its on tomorrow. they'll probably start setting all the tables up later today i;d ring pete to find out deffinatly though

oh i'll be there now to i will be the guy with a leg brace and on crutches.lol

come say hello

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back